The recommended stocking rate for HSB is generally about the same as LMB, from 50 to 100 per acre. Rather than stock them all at once, I chose to add 30 to 50 (to my 3.5 acre pond) HSB each spring and fall. That way I have various sizes of HSB in the "pipeline". I'm now harvesting 2 year old HSB for the occasional spectacular dinners. With this approach, I should always have some fish ready to take out and others right behind....and maybe a few old "mossbacks"

Yes, as long as you don't have the LMB, you can stock the small size HSB without worry of loss to predation.

The LMB, since I presume you are talking catch and release, could all go in at the same time. By the way the 50 to 100 per acre is total combined LMB and HSB, according to my understanding.

I'd recommend that you give Todd Overton, Overton Fisheries a call and tell him what you are thinking and ask for his advice. He's a good guy and trustworthy and experienced.

I know what you mean about these decisions...and because of that I don't ever post anything on this forum that I haven't experienced myself. The text book answers may be fine for some, but I prefer actual experiences. Even then, what one person experiences in their situation, does not always guarantee the same thing will happen in another persons situation. We just have to read, contemplate, and make an informed decision....but I'm betting you will absolutely love the HSB in your 6 acre pond.