Thanks for the reassurance. We were planning to build our house next year, but are planning to wait and see what the lines end up to be.

Our land is approx 10 acres. Roughly 330' by 1300'. The Easement request is for about 2.25 acres, 70' by 1300' along the south side of the property. I just finished the pond (appx 1 acre centered to one end) last year that was to be in the back yard of the house. The proposed lines will cross the dam on their way past. By my calculations, because of the narrow width of our land, anywhere I would put a house I will be less than 150' from the easement and less than 200ft from the overhead lines.

I'm still trying to come up with a reasonable estimate of the impact so I negotiate with the power company. My better half was very upset about the view of lines from the house locations. I'm gonna have to hire an appraiser to see if they can come up with any financial impacts. I don't know about building a new house so close to those lines.

They would be a large as those you show Catmandoo. They tell me 100' metal poles about 600' apart, so I will end up with 2 or 3 of them.

PB

Pond Bob