Thanks, Otto.

Yeah, the logistics aren't pleasant. It would be a very time consuming project as getting the dirt out will have to be essentially a yard at a time. I have 5 acres so there is room to "waste" a lot of it; just moving it will be a pain. I'm guessing it will be somewhere around 1,000 yds m/l.

The elevation change will be less than 2' over the entire path and consistent with the existing pond full level at the low point. No trees larger than about 6" would have to come out; maples and sassafras.

I haven't mapped out the exact path yet as I still have concerns about problems caused by leaves building up in the bottom over time. I honestly don't know enough about it to have an opinion on the effects.

The other concern is stagnation. As previously mentiond, the overflow would be at one end of this causing some circulation but very sporadic. Guess I could leave one end that abuts the existing pond closed and pump a few thousand gallons across that point every day:-)

The whole idea may be "cool" and totally unadvisable which is why I am asking questions before getting too worked up about it. "Engineering & Logistics" expenses to this point amount to a 12-pack.

Last edited by WileyC; 06/20/08 09:03 AM.