Bski: Thanks for asking. Although we are about 17 inches of rain above normal for the year, Bingaman's Lake Farm is doing well. Thanks to Dave "Mongo" Sefton's excellent dirt work and some input from Lusk, my spillway was changed a year or two ago to do a much better job of handling runoff. The pond is full, but I am lucky enough that even in a dry year it only drops about eight inches. The nearest river flooding to me is about eight miles away in the Kaskaskia river bottom near Vandalia. That area is mid-way between two lakes, Carlyle to the south and Shelbyville to the north.

It doesn't look good for crops in that entire bottom area. No residential or town flooding, but the crop land looks like a lake.

Even some of the flat land farmers have had to plant corn or soybeans three or four times because after they plant they have a soaker that destroys the seeds. My "farm" is planted in an Oak and Walnut forest which is only about 10 years old, so it will be some time before I see a harvest. Wet years are probably a lot better for me than for others.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,