ewest --

Many thanks for sharing these abstracts -- some really fascinating material here.

If I may ask (and I'm not trying to have you divulge "trade secrets" here), what is the source of these abstracts? Did they come from the Southeastern Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies?

I, too, spend a lot of time researching fisheries topics on the Internet -- primarily for articles I am working on (have taken up outdoor writing in my retirement).

But I have yet to find a good single source for the kind of material you so generously shared. I have found two sites to be particularly _difficult_ to navigate:
the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service's Federal Assistance site (supposedly the ultimate source of all data/reports linked to Dingell-Johnson/Wallop-Breaux funded State fisheries projects since 1952 ... but it sure ain't!), and the "nbii" site of the U.S. Geological Survey. Again, it is supposed to lead to all available fisheries research pubs that the federal government has funded.

Overall, I would have to say that most state fish & game agency sites I have visited also require a lot of digging to find out what (if anything) they spend on fisheries research efforts.

Anyway, my sincere appreciation for sharing these abstracts -- please keep 'em coming! --

Mike Smith
Lexington, VA