Hello, grasshopper, and welcome to the forum.

If you have a lot of woods around your pond, going electric rather than windmill is an easy decision to get right. I have a windmill at my 1st pond which I love, but will be adding electric aeration for my new pond (and also for the first) after I get electric run there (later this year, fingers crossed).

Folks here with electric aeration systems have run the full range of options from complete DIY to fully dealer provided & installed. If you can DIY, you can usually save a little money. If you are unsure of making the right connections or lack the time, having an aeration professional do everything will get you a properly sized turnkey system ready to go. So you need to decide where in this range your comfort zone lies.

My personal plan is to have one of the excellent pros here spec and size a system for me, buy it off them, and hook it up myself. Kind of in the middle.

P.S. When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, you will have pried it out of my cold, dead fingers. ;\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]