As a contractor, I've built a few homes, sheds, barns and other buildings. I've also spent allot of time going over plans for a small cabin based on what sells and what the premade kits contain. I figured that if it sells, it must have some merrit to it.

My plan includes a bathroom and kitchenette area. There is a utility area for both a water heater and HVAC system. The roof that I plan to use when I build it will be green metal. Siding will be James Hardi lap siding stained to look like real wood. The porch posts will be cedar logs.

The interior will be sheetrock with a rough finish and wood ceiing with an exposed wood truss on a cathedral ceiling.

At 528 sq ft of heated and cooled space, I figure I can build it for $35 a sq foot easily and honestly think I can do it for under $30 for a budget of $15,000. Septic would be extra, as would the other utiities. The budget is for utilities at the site, ready for a cement pad.

Anyway, I'm still clearing and dreaming, so I don't know when it will happen. If somebody likes the plan and wants to build it, I'd sure like to help out if I could, just to see how it works out.

Eddie

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.