Mr. Willy I believe I will have a sand filter septic type. I haven't got any further on this since they told me that I required an above ground septic. I mean I paid and have the permits pulled which is good for a year but the cost of an above ground slowed it WAY down.

My neighbor however, had to do the same thing. He split his property in half and sold the parcel with the house on it and started to build on the wooded parcel. He excavated the basement had the foundation poured and dropped a modular on top. Since he's a retired excavator he still has his backhoe and dozer and saved big bucks doing it himself (which he's good neighbor to have when I start to dig my own pond out). Anyway, he did that sand filter so I assume I will need/have to.

Of course my wife and I are on a tighter budget hence the reason I sold my toys to be able to buy a backhoe. I figured to build a pole barn with an apartment inside but then changed my mind to a 2 story garage with an apartment/loft above that. So I requested from the township a permit for a septic for a single garage bathroom (to be legal and all) and they gave me the plans for a 1500 gallon septic tank! I can't believe it, since my neighbor had to put in a 1500 gallon too! They told him it's 500 gallons per bedroom but I claiming it's a bathroom for a garage only. They also gave me plans (per my request) if in the future when I want to build a 3 bedroom cabin that I would require another 1500 gallon septic. That frustratd me so that I put away the letter so as not to see it again. But I will need to do something this spring, sleeping in a popup with a generator going and a port-a-potty is not so good when you have a baby!

Maybe I should have just answered you quickly by saying sand filter....