Well, we have finally started construction on our pond. We went back and forth on where to put it but finally decided on the original location that we considered...

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthread...4ee9#Post110907

Anyway, I went home for a couple of weeks (I live overseas) and was able to arrange for the excavator to be standing by with 2 dirt scrapers ready. I was able to pretty much see the entire excavation completed. When I left to return to work, we had gotten a little rain and I was actually able to see a little water in the bottom of it.

The guy running the scraper told me that the ground was like concrete and had very good clay throughout. It is 1.27 surface acres and has a levy all the way around it so I will fill it with well water. He doesn't think I will have any trouble getting it to hold water.

This first one shows how he outlined the natural treeline. He removed all the topsoil from the pond location and then put the topsoil back on top of the levy so hopefully grass will get started pretty quick.

This second pic is after he started digging.

This third pic shows the detail that he put into the levy. I love watching what laser leveled dirt scrapers can do.

This fourth pic shows the pond after 3/4" of rain. I put a flag at the waterline after the rain and 30 hours later the water had gone down about 1"

Here is a pic of the scraper at work.

I just figured out how to post pics which is good. Now I don't have to see comments from folks oggling my wife's pics from her Photobucket account (although she didn't seem to mind)!!!

Last edited by Makoclay; 02/24/09 03:26 AM.