WoW, I love threads like this, reminds me of the old "Georgia Giant Days". I will never disagree with George, he is my HSB Idol. Bruce also impresses me, I won't disagree with him either, he might pull my teeth...although I do question his "fashion" wardrobe (ask McButterpants about the vibe \:\) and subtract another point, that SOB is a Cornhusker !!! \:D Go Horns!

George & Bruce are both pioneers in their niche, it's easy to see from the outside how passionate they are in regards to the "wellbeing" of their preferred species. George doesn't want his HSB ripping off 4lb. test, snapping the line, then ending up snagged in timber somewhere as turtle food. Bruce on the other hand, admits an inadvertant HSB may rip off his 4lb test, but that the hook would bend, which may be true, unless the jaw strength clamping down on the line doesn't give the hook a chance to bend.

Thankfully they have their own ponds \:\) I can see it now, Bruce accidentally catches a HUGE HSB on a 4 lb test using a grub in Georges pond in August, fights it for 4 minutes to the shore. George looks at Bruce and says : "I hope you brought your OWN Oxygen bottles !" \:\) \:\)