Originally Posted By: heybud
Come on let us know how you "really" feel.

You want the truth, you can't handle the truth!

Great thread Heybud.

I use to feel envy over the 10+ acre ponds posted here. And then I tried to manage my 3 acre fish hole. Now I'm greatful that my pond is the size it is. After buying the chemicals to treat elodea for 3 acres (slightly over $1,000) I'm now greatful that I don't have 10 acres of elodea filled water.

I was welcomed on Pond Boss from day one (probably because no one knew what a thorn in the side that I would become). No one ever made me feel bad that I only have one pond and that it was not huge or that I had too many trees around the pond or that I had a plethora (I like that word, I could have said "a lot", "a multitide", "an overabundance" but plethora sounds so regal) anyhoo, a plethora of GSF.

Wait a minute, come to think of it I did catch grief for the GSF. And that grief made me realize that yes, I am superior, I may not have a better pond, it may not be bigger, it may not be prettier, but as Brettski put it, it's all in how you use it. And I use my pond to raise the glorius GSF. I now know that I am in fact a superior pond meister to be honored with the presence of this wonderful species. I feel pity for those that don't know this wonderful fish. I am on the path to glory and greatness for defending this pinacle of sunfish evolution. Can I get an AMEN!

You now may return to your regularily scheduled programming.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)