There has been a change of plans.

This weekend I helped one of our family friends with his ponds. He has three ponds that he would like to manage.

One pond will be catfish. We seined this pond and caught crappie bluegill and bass. I originally recommend he kill off the pond but he liked the crappie so we are going to go ahead and stock catfish.

The next one will be big bluegill. We are going to drain this pond and repair the pipe that is going through the dam and then stock with male bluegill.

The largest pond will be large bass. The bass are currently stunted. He took 100 last year and I told him to take at least that much this year. The pond also has 3 feet+ of visibility so we are going to fertilize it.

After we were done for the day he asked me what he owed me and I said a pond. He is going to use our dozer to build 1/4-1/2 acre pond. We looked at the site today and put up stakes for the dam. It will have about a 5-6 foot dam and will excavate out the rest to get 10-12 feet of depth. I am going to check on pipe and antiseep collars this week and start clearing the site this weekend. I will make sure and get some pictures this weekend when we are done clearing.

The pond will be 200 yards northwest of point A.

Last edited by Chris Steelman; 03/23/08 08:05 PM.