Boy, this thread was timely for me. I have a 15 year old 1/3 acre pond that is out of balance and I called Ken's Fish Farm just yesterday. I recalled that the last time I researched them (years ago) some of the other fish guys, both locally and in these forums, did not speak well of his fish, suggesting that they were nothing more than regular hybrids just like they sell locally. To be fair, the lady that I spoke with at Ken's was very nice and took several minutes discussing with me ways that I might bring my pond back to life. However, it soon became apparent that it was going to cost a fortune to stock their fish in my pond, just North of Memphis. She suggested 500 of the larger GG fish (at $1.00 each) along with some of their minnows and bass. Because they did not ship the larger fish, the delivery charge alone was going to run nearly $400. She also strongly suggested that I first send them a water sample to determine if the water needed treatment prior to them delivering the fish. I could not help but feel that something would somehow be wrong with my water. It looks like I will be buying locally instead.

Given all of this negative coverage of GG bream. Can anyone out there suggest an proper alternative (shellcrackers, hybrids, coppernose?) for a pond between 1/4 and 1/3 acre? I do have a fresh water supply and aeriation

Last edited by DARRELL BRIGHT; 03/22/08 12:51 AM.