I have the dock completed and will post pictures soon. Everything worked out great! The only issue is that I need a couple 12 foot pipes instead of the 8 foot that I bought - the water is deeper than I thought at that point of the lake. We could not be more pleased with the outcome.

I painted the corner brackets with Sherwin Williams Macropoxy 646. It is a faster drying epoxy. I had only 3 days drying time - but they recommend longer than that for best results.

Also - anyone in the Dallas area - check Cragslist and search for styrofoam or dock floatation. I noticed several enclosed float systems, including a guy in Tyler Texas that had brand new enclosed flotation for less than half price. There is also a lot of styrofoam.

If anyone is planning on building one of these docks I have a couple suggestions to make it even easier. An important suggestion is to undersize the styrofoam if you are ordering it. We had to cut about 3 inches off the end of 2 pieces and it makes a real mess!

"Our Life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify" -Henry David Thoreau -