Eric, I suspect the "remove 110 pounds of bass" advice was designed to promote a large/trophy bass fishery. If this were your management goal, you would probably not want to also remove 5x that amount of BG.

It sounds like the numerous small bass have eliminated most of the little Crappie, leaving a few large sized ones in the pond. You did not state (above) a strong prefence for Crappie. If this is the case you should consider removing them as they are caught, regardless of size. They are taking forage away from the bass, and if you change the structure of the bass population away from numerous small LMB, the number of smaller Crappie will likely go up.

If you want to maintain a Crappie presence, read all the Crappie info here and pray for guidance. God knows how to manage Crappie, but no one else has an approach that consistently works.

Without the Crappie, I am sure you could have the size BG you would like to keep and an assortment of LMB up to 2-3 lbs. With them, it may still be possible but it will be more complicated.

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 03/11/08 10:28 AM. Reason: Correct numberous errors

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]