Mark, welcome to the "confused' club. I've tried lots of things that really didn't work. I call them experiments after they haven't worked.

I think it was Cecil who said that you're not an Aquaculturist until you've killed a million fish. So far, I'm about a 24th degree Aqua guy and still going like the EveReady Bunny. I expect to kill some more in the future. I often say "Dang, that sounded like a good idea.". Throughout that I've found lots of things that just don't work out well in my area and some that do really well. There are some recommended ways to do this stuff but, like a lot of things, you have to maintain and manage a pond. You just might be able to pull off a blue cat pond. However, you will have to manage it and don't assume that you can catch all of your problem fish.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP