Originally Posted By: catmandoo
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Just curious, but is the site allowing you to vote a second time for Aquaman?

I probably shouldn't say this . . .

but, if you erase your cookies, you erase your identity. You can vote, and vote, and vote . . .

However, depending on the actual proprietary database, and the levels of actual and implied parsing rules the site is imposing, there is a possibility that it allows "DNVD" which I believe stands for "Double-Negative Vote Depreciation." It is very complicated on how it is applied to the various data bases in use -- but possibly Dwight, or some other software guru, could add some insight.

It's main purpose is to offset minor error corrections without disturbing natural occurrences and mathematical progressions. Someone familiar with the site, and familiar with DNVD, could actually decrease the vote count.

To the best of my knowledge, DNVD was initially developed back in the late 1960s to correct for leap seconds and other minor time variations when they were in the early stages of developing GPS location.

Well, I couldn't help myself. I deleted all my cookies, but it still wouldn't let me vote again. Interestingly, my wife and kids are not allowed to vote for me even a first time. So the website knows something about your "location?".? I'm really glad that the site doesn't allow you to circumvent the process. It would take the fun out of it. I could never compete with somebody who was doing their campaign with all fake votes. We'll do it with real people, right?? \:\) \:\) \:\)

My wife also told me that one of her co-workers voted for me, but nobody else at her entire workplace can vote now, so the Berkley has it set up so it's very hard to cheat.

That's a good thing.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.