PI:

We ran the dirt moving business two straight weekends, total of 4 10-11 hour days. One trackhoe (not the biggest I have seen, but a fairly big one) and 2 20-ton dumptrucks (which ran about 3/4 full due to the drivers' concerns over cornering, etc. on the veritable cross-country course roughly 400 yards long through the farm). Once they got into a rhythm, we had a truckload go past the house every 6 minutes. About a third of the time, I was hauling gravel or dirt in my front-end loader to place it in low spots the drivers kept finding/making.

The bill for just the 2 dumptrucks for 4 days was about $1800. Almost all the dirt was hauled to the field next to the horse barn and used as fill for my wife's outdoor riding arena (Serendipity, Baby!). After the second weekend, there was a layer of dust (from the wheel ruts) over the entire farm; the dust in the ruts themselves was about 3" thick.

Both trucks were an American brand - Freightliners I think (4 years is a long time unless you're remembering something you're really interested in). The trackhoe was definitely a Kobelco.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]