"Have you tried mixing mashed or small chopped worm pieces into the moist pellets? Then rolling 1/4" pellets?"

Bill, I stole the wife's blender when she wasn't looking and pureed some nightcrawlers along with the pellets until I had the right consistency to make my own sinking pellets. This morning before I left for work I fed them these pellets and they gobbled them up. Tonite when I got home they were not so anxious to eat them. Some did but quite a few of them spit them back out so I started mixing in some chopped worms and that got their attention.

Lost another smallmouth today. He measured 3-7/8" long and looked as though he had been eating ok. This makes 4 smallies and no largemouths. Do I see a trend here? Is it time to get the smallies out the tote with the largemouths? Is that the problem? Here is a pic of the smallie.

I also added a spray header to the incoming water from the well. We use these at work (steel mill) to spray fine mists of oil on the steel strips as they run through the mill. It really creates a surface disturbance (lots of tiny bubbles) without using any additional water.

Oy yea, by the way, she doesn't want the blender back. Go figure.