Sounds good Bruce. However I think I will develop three lines of bluegills (posted this before), and although I will select for fast growth, I will alternate cross them every generation to keep interbreeding down. Do you have the Fish and Wildlife Fish Hatchery black book first addtion? It explains this although it is used in trout production.

I have your line and mine. I may get some bluegills from a wild source to come up with the third line. (A little scary considering VHS -- maybe I should find a pond source). I have an 800 acre lake a couple of hours from me that is notorious for large bluegills. Not only do they routinely get into the 10 inch range (I mounted one for a customer out of that lake was just a hair under 12 inches), but I put two in my pond years ago and they took to pellets with the feed trained bass. They started out at 8 inches or so and ended up over 11 inches in two more years. After the bass had their fill of the pellets they just kept sucking them in one after another.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/29/07 08:37 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.