Yeah I have see pictures of big 'gators caught on Lake Fork. While I was on the Sabine we came across a real white sandy beach area, it looked more ocean than river bank and this about a foot or so wide looking strip like something was dragged to the water was a 'gator slide. The person I was in had seen them before.

I was a volunteer with a turtle trapping and marking, weighing, etc project between the TPWD and UT at Tyler. The reason I bought this inflatible kayak, it is to hard get a jonboat in. Other people were using a small two man canoe, but it takes two people to get and out of the water. The kayak is 12' long and only 32lb and can hold two people, rate 400lb but I know this guy and myself used it and we were at least 460 together. I got a cordless pump, can throw in the back of a blazer takes less than 5 mins to inflate. When I get through it takes a min to deflate and throw in back in and go. Problem, I am a big guy and when I get in I let a bit of water in so it is a wet butt ride, lol. But after I get in no problem. In fact not factoring in my wet butt it is easy to get in and out of. But I know I can make some modifications to shore it up a bit. A crash diet would help too ~smile~.

I wish I had the tenacity of GSF!