Here's my two-cents.
Had a similar dilemma several years ago. Came across a 3 acre lake directly downstream from a recently closed turkey farm.
Water was rich, deep green bloom. Visibility was 6 inches. Landowner reported massive fish kill two years prior, and since the turkey farm closed, he was interested in revitalizing the lake.
Electrofishing turned up thousands of green sunfish, several size classes.
Best I could tell, 250-300 pounds per acre in that fertile water.
80% of the creatures were smaller than 4 inches.
We decided to stock 10-12" bass, 60 head, and add 500 adult bluegill.
Here's our reasoning. Green sunfish spawn once, yearly. We decided not to kill them, but to stock bass which could eat them.
Next, we managed the bloom with bacteria and algaecide (not at the same time), to try to keep visibility near 24 inches.
The theory was for bass to utilize big numbers of green sunfish, then over time, bluegill would out-reproduce, and eventually outcompete green sunfish.
Then, bass spawn, baby sunfish are eaten, and within a year or two, bluegill become established, green sunfish numbers drop, and bass grow like little green hotcakes.
Subsequent electrofishing surveys proved the theory.
18 months later, bass relative weights were 115%, green sunfish comprised 60% of the forage fish. Bluegill and baby bass were 40%. But, 30 months later, large bass relative weights were 90-110%, intermediate bass Wr was 85-90%, bluegill made up 80% of the food chain, and green sunfish were going the way of the buffalo, so to speak. And, green sunfish left were adults. No babies.
We shifted from catch and release to a slot limit for intermediate bass, and continued.
Landowner sold out, I lost track after that.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...