Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
LloydLusk, Catch N 8 NTex, PondGuppy, Satyam Thakur, BarbaraE
18,576 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,084
Posts559,373
Members18,577
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,686
ewest 21,541
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,185
Who's Online Now
4 members (Snipe, Chadsnider, Angler8689, Fishman Dan), 805 guests, and 382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144204 01/10/09 04:58 PM
M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
I've been meaning to share this aerial photo taken this summer (this was taken on a Saturday morning after we got back from vacation). I've read so much here and asked so many things. I want to again thank everyone for all they taught me--what a wealth of information. And when I had a pond clinic PB was so supportive. I'm going to plant a really big evergreen tree between the two drives this spring where I used to have a flower bed. We planted a row of trees to the South to create some privacy and the three willow trees are starting to look very pretty by the pond. The windmill was necessary for property aeration tok keep fish alive and healthy. I want to share what our pond of a little over 2 1/2 years now looks like--fully stocked (I have an automatic feeder I hang from the dock rail), I have experienced exceptional fish growth; couple of duck houses (no duckies yet \:\( ), a dock and our little shed I purchased and stained to match the house. It houses garden stuff on one side and the other side is strictly fishing trappings--poles, bates, tackle. How my hubby, my dog and me have enjoyed it along with friends! I look foward and hope to attend the Pond Boss conference. I'm open to any suggestion of things to plant around or do (I'd love a gazebo on the penisula but that is an expense I threw to the side to get geo instead. This year we put in a geothermo system in the pond and had to fix where the telephone company dug thru one of our yard drains (thus the dirt areas you see). The geotherm system has been great, about $36 a month vs a whole lot more we spent on LP. Not to mention, we keep the house about 4 degrees warmer than we did with LP. This is one of the best investment we did after the pond. Yes, we love acre pond and are glad we did it. I wish my dog, TRUMP, would be here longer to enjoy it but as I write this he is nearing the end; but know he has enjoyed this pond so.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
That is as close to a Norman Rockwell as a pond shot can get! Stunning! I absolutely love it. Just staring at it radiates contentment and calm.

Lunker
Lunker
That is the bluest water I have ever seen! Either 1) the aerial photographer got a fantastic sky to reflect off the water, 2) the water color was photoshopped, or 3) you're using that new glowing, radioactive Aquashade.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Beautiful picture! I don't know which is prettier--the pond or the house.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
Thanks y'all. The POND was our dream come true and is prettier...it is SO nice to be able to walk out your door when you get home from work and throw a line out or just sit and watch the fish feed. I love going out before work at 7 a.m. and watch the catfish feed and late evenings near dark they start "dancing" in the water. Relaxation. Watching catfish is my favorite pond pasttime. Yes, it's Aquashade! \:\) I should have said FARMSTEAD as this sits on the corner of our farm and that's his crops you see. He plants corn along the road to the south as it gives up privacy. You cannot see the double windows on the southside of the house, but my hubby has quite a view of the pond as he does his book work--he sees cranes, geese and other pond activities. Sometimes a coyote or deer comes by. It has been fun watching the pond come to life with fish, turtles (yes the ocassional snake), etc. The pond has been a welcomed challenge to us.

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Beautiful!!!

Like the others have said, it's hard to decide which is nicer, the pond or the house. Combined, they create an amazing creation. You did good.

It looks like the dam is to the right in the picture and has a very gently slope. I had to look for it because its so nicely done and blends into the lawn perfectly.

How about a few more pictures?

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Absolutely stunning!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
Amazing. Simply amazing.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Very very nice! I hope to live next to my pond some day myself.

Midwest Dave, 3.5 acre lake, 47 acres timber & CRP.
M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
You will. Dreams can come true. My hubby had a dream--this was just an empty lot with a hill and trees--not good for farming or anything but he dreamed one day he might build a house on the corner. His first wife died at child birth; he had many offers for that corner lot, but always believed he might still build a small home there even if it was later when he retired, so he held on. Many years later, we met when I was doing a job in Indiana and together we made some of his and my dreams come true, one at a time.

If you go to 'New Dock Construction Questions' I have a few pictures from 2006 of the pond. Didn't take too many pics this summer with our beloved dog being terminal and all--we just didn't want to go around pond too much and him break his fragile leg off the steep areas. Life sucks sometimes.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Thanks MarkECIN, your place and your story is very inspirational! We lost our Teddy Bear last summer, so I can understand. She was 14, same age as our daughter - very tough time for all of us.

Take care, hope you guys enjoy the place to the fullest, and I'll take a look at those pictures.

Midwest Dave, 3.5 acre lake, 47 acres timber & CRP.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bill Sappenfield, GREG BOTNER, huddleston, Yolk Sac
Recent Posts
New YP/SMB Pond in MI - Plan
by Angler8689 - 06/15/24 10:02 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by RAH - 06/15/24 08:21 PM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by Mainer - 06/15/24 08:04 PM
Algae
by Boondoggle - 06/14/24 10:07 PM