Pond Boss
Posted By: calvin tynes size bass to stock - 05/11/09 04:51 PM
I have a few questions about this. Have a pond that is about 1 acre stocked april 08 with 1200 cnbg. I want to know what is the size and amount of lmb to add to this pond. I also need to know who I can get these from that will deliver to south LA. thanks for the help.
Posted By: ewest Re: size bass to stock - 05/11/09 06:04 PM
What size were the CNBG when stocked ? Does the pond have a plankton bloom (green tinted water)? Are you feeding pellets. What are your goals for the pond?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: size bass to stock - 05/11/09 07:05 PM
SECOND GOALS QUESTION. iF FEEDING WHAT ARE YOU SEEING NOW, MOSTLY 4-5 INCH CNBG OR ALL SIZES? DANG CAPS LOCK
If you want good bass I suggest fingerligns at a rate of 50-75/acre. You will not have too mnay bass the first year but growth will be great with that stocking over a year ago. Calvin I can get you a hatchery # that will ship them to you. If larger bass another situation. BTW we got the crawfish last week, 2400 lbs, thanks for your advice.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: size bass to stock - 05/11/09 07:25 PM
Greg, do you know what species of crawfish they are?
Posted By: calvin tynes Re: size bass to stock - 05/11/09 08:37 PM
Greg I am glad to here it. We have been doing alot of eating of those the last couple weeks. I still cant believe yall just feed them to the fish.
CJB I dont know what kind we have down here I just know their to good to just through in for fish food.
lots of bream all sizes up to 8" being feed with a bloom and air. want a bass pond. big bream on beds now not eating mostly last years spawn feeding lots of 2-6" fish. wanted to stock larger bass than the normal fingerlings. dont know how many or what size.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: size bass to stock - 05/11/09 09:03 PM
red swamp wild caught.

start slow with sub adult bass. maybe 25 this year max.
Posted By: ewest Re: size bass to stock - 05/11/09 09:55 PM
I would go with 25 6 inch LMB. At your location any of the 3 types (Fla , F-1s or Northerns) will work and a mix of them might work well.
© Pond Boss Forum