Pond Boss
Posted By: Brett295 Forage again - 07/02/08 02:05 PM
I'm getting frustrated trying to find some GSH. If I Cant find them by fall I am going to stock more BG. How many should I stock in a 2 acre lake with an established LMB population? What size should I stock? I already have a pretty good population of BG but since i'm feeding them I think the pond can handle some more.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Forage again - 07/02/08 04:04 PM
Is it too late in the year to order 250,000 GSH fry from Anderson's? I'm afraid it is. But you could figure on getting them next year; they'll ship them anywhere.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Forage again - 07/03/08 05:25 PM
I'm on Anderson's list to get GSH fry for next year. Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to get these GSH and get started on fattening up these skinny bass.

The guy from anderson's called me today and actualy had some good pointers about ponds. He actualy takes out all LMB under 4 lbs (aggressive but he claims to have cought a 12lb LMB). He re stocks his pond every 4-5 years to keep new blood in the pond. To make sure he doesn't take out the new blood he pokes a hole in the tail of the LMB and inserts a zip tie with eneough slack to allow for growth. Interesting stuff.

again thanks for the advice.
© Pond Boss Forum