Pond Boss
Posted By: 45ACP Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 02:47 PM
Hello everyone. I just found this site while researching pond info so I thought I'd sign up and join. I apologize in advance if I ask any dumb questions, but I am about to take on a pond project that I dont know much about, so hopefully yall can help point me in the right direction. PondBoss was recommended to me from a hunting forum I'm a member of.

I will start a thread in another forum with my ideas and more details on this particular pond, but for now I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to learn as much as I can and eventually share anything I've learned with my project along the way.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 02:54 PM
Welcome to the club 45!

You'll find that most of us have started here at PB with little to no experience or knowledge on the subject of pond management. You'll also find a good number of "experts" who are more than willing to give there time and knowledge, all the while, keeping the rest of us in line!

This forum is a great place to gain quick knowledge...getting the experience takes a little longer. Enjoy the ride.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 03:04 PM
Welcome to the PB forum. Ask lots of questions.... none are dumb.....and read read read there is plethora of information and helpful folks here to make the journey as pleasant as possible
Posted By: Flame Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 03:41 PM
Welcome from deep east Texas!! What part on the Gulf coast are you located? You will learn a lot here. Also, subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine!! You will love it.
Posted By: ewest Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 05:40 PM
Welcome - ask away with the questions. There are no dumb questions !!
Posted By: 45ACP Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 06:42 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Flame, I live in Friendswood, Tx between Houston and Galveston, but we fish the bays up and down the entire Texas coast from Galveston to South Padre Island.

Question.... the pond project I am about to post about is an old existing pond that I want to revamp for LMB and BG fishing. Should I start a thread in the "evaluating and adjusting fish population" forum or the "corrective fish stocking" forum?
Posted By: jludwig Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: 45ACP
Question.... the pond project I am about to post about is an old existing pond that I want to revamp for LMB and BG fishing. Should I start a thread in the "evaluating and adjusting fish population" forum or the "corrective fish stocking" forum?

Are you willing to "nuke" the pond and kill all existing fish?
Posted By: 45ACP Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 07:26 PM
[/quote] Are you willing to "nuke" the pond and kill all existing fish? [/quote]

Absolutely. Im not sure what that entails, but if thats what it takes to accomplish my goals then thats what I'll do.
Posted By: ewest Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 07:48 PM

Either will work.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 08:01 PM
As you research the LMB / BG relationships...do not miss this read linked here...

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=189988#Post189988

The above thread talks mainly about growing big blue gill, but understanding the link between the LMB and BG will help you reach your goals more successfully regardless of the direction you take, Big BG or Trophy Bass.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 08:23 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Flame, I live in Friendswood, Tx between Houston and Galveston, but we fish the bays up and down the entire Texas coast from Galveston to South Padre Island.

We lived in Pearland for60 years and finally had to get to the country
Posted By: Flame Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/02/18 09:49 PM
I'm originally from the Edgebrook Gulf Freeway area and graduated from J. Frank Dobie High School many years ago Ha!! Got a opportunity to move to east Texas in 1980 and I jumped on it and have lived in a town of 800 people ever since. Ask a bunch of questions. I know I did and still do!!
Posted By: anthropic Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/03/18 04:50 AM

My dad was stationed in Harlingen when I was born. He often talks about wade fishing for specks and sometimes reds off South Padre Island. Back in those days he caught so many that he decided to get a commercial license to help supplement the family budget. Restaurants love really fresh fish!
Posted By: BobMoff Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/19/18 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum! Cheers!
Posted By: bigpullerman Re: Howdy from Texas - 10/20/18 04:38 PM
Welcome aboard sir.
© Pond Boss Forum