Pond Boss
Posted By: Konacowboy Details on PVC tree building. - 02/08/07 08:40 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here at the Pond Boss website. As of today Mike Otto's team has just completed the building of my new pond. It is my first, and I have many questions. The first thing I need help with is structure, no easier time to put it in place than before it's full of water. I like the idea of PVC trees but have actually never seen one, not sure how it is supposed to go together properly. What size pipe is best used, proper spacing of branches, etc. Does any one have any good pictures of said trees and or design recommendations? I'm not the most skilled person in the world with building stuff so let me just apologize now and ask you to please keep it simple(did I say pictures?, pictures are good! \:\) ). The simpler it is explained the less likely I am to make it harder than it really is. Thanks in advance for your input, it will be MUCH appreciated!

Take care yawl!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Details on PVC tree building. - 02/08/07 09:37 PM
PVC thangs are OK. I'm sure somebody will fire up some pictures or links.

Personally, I prefer rock piles and cedar trees. No shortage of them on my place.

Ya'll be cahful now, yu heah?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Details on PVC tree building. - 02/08/07 10:12 PM
n8ly just asked a similar question about a week ago, in pvc fish structure which has links to tree and sputnik pics. Condello needs to post a link to his bluegill condo as well.

I don't think there's a set recipe for size of pipe/tubing. These could be varied depending on what was available cheap or free.
Posted By: Konacowboy Re: Details on PVC tree building. - 02/09/07 09:31 PM
Thanks Theo, that helps a ton. Just went out to my new pond yesterday, the clay banks are oozing water, I'm exited!
Posted By: ewest Re: Details on PVC tree building. - 02/10/07 01:23 AM
Konacowboy welcome to the PB Forum. Here is a link to all types of cover/structure from the archives.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000022
Posted By: Konacowboy Re: Details on PVC tree building. - 02/10/07 04:08 AM
Thanks ewest, that was great help! I'm heading to my property tomorrow with buckets, concrete, PVC, black plastic tubing, cinder blocks, galvanized horse hence, T-posts, and 3 free pallets I got at the office today. I've already contacted a local tire shop, and they have all the tires I can haul! This is going to be the coolest process I've ever experienced, can't wait to get started!!!
Posted By: ewest Re: Details on PVC tree building. - 02/10/07 02:07 PM
Good for you and have fun and be creative. Post back with some pics of what you do.
© Pond Boss Forum