Pond Boss
Posted By: jdk4174 Where to get Tires, Pallets, etc? - 08/01/04 07:10 PM
I've read that many people are using Tires, wooden Pallets, Cinder Blocks, Gravel, and all kinds of other stuff for cover/structure/spawning beds. Where do you get this stuff? I think I have a source for free pallets, but what about tires? Are there Free sources for this material? If not, what are the costs?
Posted By: lildumper Re: Where to get Tires, Pallets, etc? - 08/02/04 05:46 PM
Check your local tire shop, most of the time they have to pay to remove them. I have even picked them up in the county ditches before. Cinder blocks can sometimes be found in the local area if you have any buidlings being demolished.
Posted By: Svoberts Re: Where to get Tires, Pallets, etc? - 08/02/04 06:02 PM
I have talked to my local tire shop and he said I could have all I wanted for free, he would even help loading them. Cinder blocks can sometimes be found if you have a local factory which may give you broken or otherwise damaged blocks. You might also check the local farmer's co-op for larger, tractor sized tires.
Posted By: Norm Kopecky Re: Where to get Tires, Pallets, etc? - 08/02/04 09:09 PM
Another thing a person might try is hard plastic lawn furniture tied together.
Posted By: jdk4174 Re: Where to get Tires, Pallets, etc? - 08/03/04 12:51 AM
Thanks for the info....I'll do some checking around.
Posted By: Keven Re: Where to get Tires, Pallets, etc? - 03/29/05 12:21 PM
find a tire shop that sells tractor tires and/or deisel tires. these larger tires create much larger structure, although harder to handle. if you cant find a store such as this near you, find a trucking company. They should give you as many big truck tires as you could possibly need. you can stack them or pyramid them, just use your imagination!!! good luck, works great for me. also the tractor tires are a much harder rubber and your hooks won't sink into them as easily as car/diesel tires but once they do, your not as likely to pull them out.
© Pond Boss Forum