Pond Boss
I was wondering if I could get some help on making or constructing some pond structure. i have already built some porcupine structures and also I have a few big rock piles built in it as well. Wondering if anyone had anymore ideas about some with the pictures and instructions on how they were built. Any hell help would be very helpful. Thanks PB
Have you read this thread that is in the Commom Pond Q&A archives?
structure how-to

If you have, and still have questions, ask away!
There is a lot here. Start with the link esshup posted. We had a presentation at PB III on the topic. I suggest that you watch the vids linked on the thread above and that will also help.

I will be updating that thread with some new info soon.
ewest:

Let me know when the link is updated, I want to read the new stuff!
Yeah I have found that there are all types of different structure. And different fish like different structure. Tire structures as eash to make and cheep for the most part. Lost of times you can get used tires for free!!! And free is good. The fish smaller ones like to hide inside the tire. Some will even breed inside them. They are a good form of protection.
I have added some new stuff to the structure archive. Will be adding more.
I saw a good idea online using bamboo and concrete set in a bucket. The fresh cut bamboo is set at various angles to provide good forage cover, and habitat. Search "crappie habitat" I beleive it was posted by some fisherman in Arkansas. I am planning an trying this in my pond.
Most of the time you can find busted up concrete that someone is ready to get rid of as well. That makes some great structure...
Originally Posted By: GSB
I saw a good idea online using bamboo and concrete set in a bucket. The fresh cut bamboo is set at various angles to provide good forage cover, and habitat.

Sounds like some of the stuff i learned in the pathfinder course i went to while in the army. You sure this is for fish? smile
http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/habitat.htm

Take a look at this for inspiration
© Pond Boss Forum