Pond Boss
Posted By: wickedinhere My new home place. - 10/16/13 12:21 PM
We bought this 112 acres some years ago and we have the house/shop pad built we are starting on the pole barn in a few weeks and we got the house plans yesterday. We should be able to start house construction in January weather permitting. Here are a few pics more to come i promise. Here is a link to my thread where we cleared the property and built the pond/pad. Land clearing and pad
House pad the house will face the pond

House
Posted By: rockytopper Re: My new home place. - 10/16/13 06:25 PM
VERY NICE!!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 10/24/13 06:05 PM
They dropped off my 30x50x12 pole barn off today they should start building soon here are a few pics, The last pic is where my house will be looking at the pond.

Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 10/24/13 06:21 PM
love the panoramic!

you are blessed!
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: My new home place. - 10/24/13 07:41 PM
Wow, you've certainly come a long way since your first post on this project in March and shown some great photos along the way. Keep up with the great progress-pics and put a nice little video together after it's all said and done.

Likely speaking for others as well, but I'm very anxious to see the finished product but even more excited to watch you put it all together.

Beautiful place and congrats on your progress-to-date!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 10/24/13 08:08 PM
Thanks guys this has been a life long dream. I fly RC planes and I bought a new toy to do some aerial photo's and videos as soon as i set it up i will post some.
Posted By: John Wann Re: My new home place. - 10/25/13 01:14 AM
Looking good! Can't wait to see the RC videos.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 10/25/13 03:54 AM
Maybe something like this? I have no knowledge of RC stuff.....

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 10/25/13 10:09 AM
Yes' I bought a quad copter and will have a Gopro camera mounted on the bottom of it. Here is the setup i have.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/02/13 12:23 PM
I got the call yesterday they will start on my pole barn in the morning.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/04/13 05:11 PM
Well they didn't get to start Sunday but they started this morning i will have pics this afternoon.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/04/13 10:48 PM
They started today but the have to start all over tomorrow because they didn't square up the barn to the pad. They had the one corner of the barn 16 foot from the edge of the pad and the other end 11.5 feet from the edge of the pad. When i drove up i could tell is was crooked on the pad. I called the boss and told him exactly what i thought of his crew so he will be out first thing in the morning so we can get things lined out.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: My new home place. - 11/05/13 12:21 AM
Glad you caught it, but that's got to be very maddening...
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/05/13 11:44 AM
I got pretty mad that's a big mistake. Then whats really bad he said "no way it's not square to the pad" I told him get the tape and i will show you. He had a sad look on his face when he realized he messed up.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/05/13 02:02 PM
Well they got in straight for now LOL. Hopefully the rest goes good. Here is a pic of the pond on this beautiful morning.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/05/13 11:46 PM
Well the poles are up i hope they worked till dark because its suppose to rain tomorrow.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 11/07/13 12:16 AM
It's coming together!!
Posted By: lassig Re: My new home place. - 11/07/13 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: wickedinhere
Yes' I bought a quad copter and will have a Gopro camera mounted on the bottom of it. Here is the setup i have.

Interested in purchasing the same thing but have no background on quadcopters on RC flying. Any pointers you could give?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/08/13 10:40 AM
Well the guys putting up the barn rained out Wednesday and worked a few hours yesterday then had an emergency and had to leave early. I called the boss and he said he had another crew coming in to get it finished. I also gave him a good arse chewing for all the trash they have been throwing out on my property.

Lassig the quad copter is a blade qx350 it's real easy to fly do a Google search and you will get ton's of info and videos showing how easy it fly's. It's good for beginner's and experts because it has 3 different flight modes.
Posted By: lassig Re: My new home place. - 11/08/13 10:53 AM
Thanks for the reply, I will check that out. Stay on the contractor I just finished building a house and pond and its amazing how much you have to stay on top of them.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/08/13 05:36 PM
The new crew showed up and got to work the new crew is gettin the job done! Pics later.
Posted By: ewest Re: My new home place. - 11/08/13 11:48 PM
Good - I have been through the promises of the crew will be there soon/tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. Had to fire the guy and argue over the cost. Good thing it was in writing.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/09/13 01:21 AM
Well they are moving along nicely. I know they promise a lot and got off to a bad start but the new crew knows how to work i just hope they show up tomorrow. lol

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/10/13 08:18 PM
They didn't show up yesterday but were back today they should have all the wood done today hopefully. LOL

Posted By: gully washer Re: My new home place. - 11/11/13 01:46 AM
Looks like you got all your ducks in a row, and are well on your way to building a nice homestead.

However, looking at your barn, I'm wondering why they didn't stagger, and butt the ends of the roof purlins over different trusses, instead of ending them all on the same truss. Probably not that critical, as the sheet metal will tie it all together, provided the sheet metal joint doesn't fall on those particular trusses, where all the purlin ends are butted together.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/11/13 06:22 PM
I think it will be ok. They worked late yesterday and got all the wood done i hope they get a good start on the metal today. My new tractor showed up today.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/11/13 08:50 PM
They have been moving pretty fast today they should have most of it done today.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/12/13 09:11 PM
Its getting close.

Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 11/12/13 09:18 PM
How many guys are on the crew?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/12/13 09:29 PM
4 today but mostly 3 guys.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 11/12/13 09:59 PM
Planning on a cement floor?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/12/13 10:42 PM
Yes it was all in the price.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/13/13 11:42 AM
Well while i was watching tv i got a call about 6:30 last night saying the building was finished so i went out there and took a look at it and it came out great. It was dark when i left so i couldn't get a pic but will today. I need to call the awning guy to come take a look at it so he can put up a 30x50 awning on one side. I was going to have the building people put one up while they were putting up the building but i didn't want the exposed wood due to the carpenter bees.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 11/13/13 02:07 PM
I wonder why they didn't put the concrete floor in first?
but it looks great wickedinhere

ps: nice tractor too
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/14/13 05:00 AM
Here it is finished concrete is next.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 11/14/13 01:57 PM
Looks good! Are you planning on gutters to prevent dirt splash on the side of the building?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/15/13 02:31 AM
Yes as soon as they get the awning up i will put gutters on both sides.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/18/13 11:57 PM
Concrete guys showed up today hopefully we get to pour the slab tomorrow.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/20/13 11:22 PM
Got it poured they did a great job went with a 6 inch slab just because! LOL. They were going to make one more pass after these pics were taken and really slick it out.

Posted By: Todd3138 Re: My new home place. - 11/21/13 08:26 PM
Looks great!
Posted By: Mobilus Re: My new home place. - 11/21/13 11:29 PM
wickedinhere, I just had the same thing happen...I laid out where I wanted the building (12' off the fence line) and came home to forms set to 10'8" on one end and 16' on the other. Seems the boss went to another job site. Well, it's correct now.

What size is your Kubota? I like the quik-tach loader...wish mine had it.

Building looks great!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/22/13 02:33 AM
Thanks, you have to stay on top of people these days.LOL The Kubota is L4600 nice upgrade from my L2800.
Posted By: ewest Re: My new home place. - 11/22/13 02:55 AM
Nice work on the floors.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/22/13 03:01 AM
Thanks it took them all day to get it done and they did a great job. I am going tomorrow to get permits for the house.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 11/22/13 03:04 AM
Don't slick it too much. If it's finished too slick and left bare, it will be slippery when wet, and it's hard to get paint or epoxy to stick to slick crete also. It needs a little bit of texture.
Posted By: R&R Re: My new home place. - 11/22/13 02:55 PM
looking good, But your really starting to piss me off how fast your progressing. (kidding of coarse) Keep it up.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/22/13 06:24 PM
R&R it seems like it crawling to me LOL.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 11/27/13 01:29 PM
Not much going on because its been raining for 3 days straight plus the temps have been in the low 30's that's cold here.LOL We did get the sewer permit hopefully the awning will get installed next week.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/02/13 10:27 PM
They are bringing the material for the awning tomorrow and hopefully get it put up by the weekend. It's suppose to start raining by Friday i hope they beat the rain.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/03/13 09:42 PM
They showed up with the awning and got it unloaded and put the c channel on the building. It was only one guy and he did all he could do by himself they will be back next week to get it finished.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/05/13 02:20 AM
The pond is filling up nicely.
Posted By: fish n chips Re: My new home place. - 12/05/13 12:21 PM
That is looking nice. Like the shape it is.

The pic shows a lot of washouts from the rains. Does your soil have a lot of sand or silt in it?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/05/13 03:28 PM
It's all clay with some sand after the house is built i am gonna haul in some topsoil on top of the pad so i can get the grass growing. That should help with the erosion.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/10/13 12:20 PM
We'll its been raining for a week so the awning is still on the ground. The winds are blowing 25 mph today hopefully that will help dry everything up and they should be able to start on the awning wed or thur.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/11/13 08:23 PM
The awning guy showed up early this morning about 6:30 he should have it done by tomorrow afternoon. I imagine some of you might ask why i didn't build the awning while building the shop. We have those wood bees and they really tear up the exposed wood on an awning so they will not tear this one up. LOL I will address the erosion when i get a chance.

Posted By: fish n chips Re: My new home place. - 12/11/13 08:33 PM
Wow, that's some awning. When you mentioned it before, I had envisioned about a third that size. Good for you! Nice addition.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/11/13 08:58 PM
LOL it's 30 wide and 50 foot long
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/12/13 04:49 PM
The awning is finished.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/12/13 05:30 PM
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 12/12/13 05:34 PM
I think that awning is a great idea. Keep things out of the sun.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 12/12/13 08:00 PM
Very nice!

I might worry about the awning turning into a giant kite during a high wind event, though!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/12/13 08:58 PM
That's what insurance is for can't live life expecting the worst.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 12/12/13 09:21 PM
Absolutely right.

How's that old saying go..... Hope for the best, but plan for the worst?
Posted By: airborne3118 Re: My new home place. - 12/13/13 03:30 AM
Beautiful ! I'm enviuous. Congrats !
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/13/13 01:55 PM
Thanks
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/13/13 05:32 PM
I just called the gutter guy and electrician both will be there next week to get started.
Posted By: 2Old2Soon Re: My new home place. - 12/13/13 06:03 PM
Looks good....I too am jealous! I plan on building one of these next year and wondered if you considered a stick built on a slab and what the cost difference would have been. The consensus is the pole barn route is 10-40% cheaper, depending on who you talk to.

Thanx
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/13/13 07:21 PM
I would imagine that a stick built on a slab would be alot more money and time. I paid 16,900 total with concrete and 2 roll up doors and its all treated wood. I run a CNC/powder coating shop so this fits my needs
i really don't know why you would want to do a stick frame unless you plan on living in it. I am going to build a wall to seperate the shop from the CNC room to help keep my work area clean.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/18/13 07:06 PM
The gutter guy came out this morning and did a great job. It took him a little over an hour and he was done. The machine that spits out the seamless gutters is pretty cool.

Posted By: fish n chips Re: My new home place. - 12/18/13 10:30 PM
There sure is a lot of rain runoff on that side with the shed. Are you going to pipe it to the pond?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/19/13 10:20 AM
Its going in a storage tank to make my moonshine.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/19/13 04:33 PM
The electrician called this morning and will get started today i had him do the 200 amp panel and get the lighting done. I went with 10-8foot t-8 lights that should be plenty of light i will wire the rest after the power is turned on.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/20/13 11:14 PM
The first stage of wiring is done(lights and a few plug ins). Here are a few pics from today of our property.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/28/13 06:33 PM
They should start on the house Jan 6 hopefully.LOL I picked up a 6 foot plow for planting food plots and garden work. I can already tell that the fork attachment is going to get used alot.
Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 12/28/13 07:44 PM
Your a tractor owner now -need to use the right terms - "disk". Very nice place!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/28/13 09:49 PM
No its a plow here in the south.LOL
Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 12/28/13 11:19 PM
Learn something every day!
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 01:37 AM
I'm with you RAH. We always measured discs in feet, and moldboard plows by the bottoms.

Then again, I'm not accustomed to calling a Bluegill a perch, either. smile...........to each his own!
Posted By: JKB Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 02:06 AM
I wish I would have spent the extra money and got a Tiller instead of a "Disc Harrow" wink

Be careful lifting loads with one fork, you can bend them and you'll never be able to straighten them out. Tried straightening mine out with a 100 ton hydraulic press. Looked OK at first, but it just bent again with much less load. I need (1) new fork.

Another thing, is you can twist your FEL frame that way and those are real difficult to make right again.
Been there, done that!
Posted By: jludwig Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 02:56 AM
No its a plow here in the south.LOL

I am from the south and I would not call it a plow but rather a disk. To each, their own.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 11:54 AM
Well call it what you want. The "DISK" is setup to be pickup up by a fork it has 2 brackets one on the front and rear. If the fork or FEL gets bent or tweaked picking up a 714lb "DISK" I have major problems. I have owned a tractor before so this isn't my first rodeo.
Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 12:55 PM
Looks like a nice setup and a very nice place. My high-clay soil requires too many passes with a disk to till the ground, so a rototiller works better for me (or I need to moldboard first).
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 02:06 PM
Well call it what you want. The "DISK" is setup to be pickup up by a fork it has 2 brackets one on the front and rear. If the fork or FEL gets bent or tweaked picking up a 714lb "DISK" I have major problems. I have owned a tractor before so this isn't my first rodeo.

Sorry you got your feathers ruffled. I'm glad that you have owned a tractor before, as a failure to understand what the machine's capabilities are is a surefire way to get hurt, spend cash needlessly, and incur the wrath of equipment dealers who can't walk straight anymore, due to constantly bending over backwards to try and appease those folks who are stubbornly determined to prove that they know more about the machine than those who built it.

I know this for a fact, having walked some distance in those dealers broken-down shoes.

Stay safe at the rodeo.
Posted By: JKB Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 02:48 PM

I only mentioned that because I basically have the same setup as you, except the tractor is an L3540.

2 weeks after I took delivery (yes it's brand new at the time) I had to replace the two front tilt cylinders because the rod's bent (yes, both) I mean, they bent like a wet noodle, and Kubota don't warranty cylinders. Kubota part's are not cheap! I'm really cautious about putting any down pressure on the FEL with the cylinders extended.

Then, the top link on the 3pt bent at the rod end. That was really strange. They are pretty cheap tho.

The big one is where a bearing in the rear split in half and broke a bunch of stuff including the housings. Fortunately, that was covered under warranty because they did find the failed bearing. Otherwise, that would have been a 6K bill.

The latest thing, just box scraping the driveway. Lifted up the box scraper and the clevis on the right cylinder snapped off. You could see that the weld was cracked for some time due to the rust inside the weld joint. I'll just weld it back on next spring.

I do really like the tractor tho, but it's not quite as tough as I would have expected. It has enough power to break itself even with the HST. Every problem was a total surprise!

My main thinking on the two cylinders is they had some faulty ones get thru, and the Kubota dealer believes the same, but still not covered under warranty.

Now that the warranty is up, I'll reinforce a few things and get a quick hitch for the 3pt.

Just my experiences.

BTW: Didn't mean to upset you.

Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 03:05 PM
Wow - Maybe it was good that I bought a Deere back in 1990 (JD 1070). I did go for the Great Bend loader though, after the Deere dealer could not get their version to fit without hitting the exhaust pipe. It's been a great machine but I was considering a Kubota next time. Maybe I'll stick with JD. Any machine can break, but good companies cover manufacturing or design problems.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 03:23 PM
I am not upset, just tired of all the doom and gloom. It seems like you can't make a move without someone bringing out the negativity. If you live your life thinking the worse you will never do anything. Things break all the time you just have to deal with it and move on. Most people wouldn't even attempt the project that i am doing and that is what makes me successful while others just go in circles. I look at problems as a challenge not a road block.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 03:41 PM
I believe that the cost of Deere equipment is about one third more than Kubota. By far, most of the equipment on the sugar cane plantations here is Deere; there has to be a reason for that.

We would call the implement shown earlier on this thread a disc harrow or a flat disc. There is an implement called a disc plow but the implement shown isn't it.
Posted By: JKB Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 03:48 PM
No doom and gloom here. Just pointing out my experiences, and they were Oh Crap, gotta fix it now.
Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 03:49 PM
I do not see giving folks a "watch out" as negativity. But that's just me...
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 04:23 PM
Love it!
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 04:34 PM
No its a plow here in the south.
LOL

Ha Ha @ regional vocabularies / dialects

is it a "rue-ffff" or a "ruff"?

is it a "cree-eek" or a "crick"?

is it a "sofa" or a "davenport"?

is it a "winda" or a "winn-doe"?

is it a "pail" or a "bucket"?

what do you mean you don't put
salt on your watermelon and cantelope?!

commode or toilet?

Maid-Rite or Sloppy Joe hold dat ketchup?

Half Full or Half Empty?

I "learnt" all this stuff when I married
a girl from Iowa...I had never even heard
of a snow blower.

wicked keep the updates and pictures coming
it's great watching your project come to life.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 04:39 PM
Thanks ZEP!
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 05:04 PM
Where'd you get it? I'm looking for a 5' or 6' 3-point disk too.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 05:08 PM
Its a land pride 15/72 they make it in a 60 inch also.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 06:15 PM
Some folks will look at a 2-3 bottom moldboard plow, then compare it to a disc like what's shown in this thread and figure the disc will pull easily since it's not turning over the ground like the plow is, so they opt for a larger one.

Then they hook it up, set the gangs, and take off. And expand their knowledge base along the way.

Esshup, smaller discs like what you're looking for are easy to come by. I wouldn't buy new, as they show up regularly on implement lots, and farm auctions....fairly cheap. If you like, I will keep my eyes open.
Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 06:40 PM
I sold my 3PH disk and bought an old drag disk. Its harder in small spots, but better for me in the field. My reverse tine Land Pride tiller is fantastic, but costly. I use it for our vegetable farming, so I could justify the heavy-duty unit. Its slow, but a one pass operation.
Posted By: JKB Re: My new home place. - 12/29/13 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Where'd you get it? I'm looking for a 5' or 6' 3-point disk too.

I'll sell you mine. Land Pride (Kubota Authorized for warranty)

It's the 6' HD rig. I'm gonna sell it this spring, because it's virtually useless on virgin ground that hasn't been turned over by a plow. Have to add weight and run over it repeatedly.

A decent tiller would be one pass, but you may do a whole bunch of passes with a disc and never achieve the seed bed required.
Posted By: kenc Re: My new home place. - 12/31/13 01:15 AM
A disc works great on my farm(sandy soil) but at my home which is 53 miles from there a disc will bounce you to death. I use a rototiller here. WIH land looks a lot like my farm so I suspect this is the best tool for his land. The tines on a rototiller will wear out quickly on a large, sandy tract like WIH owns.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/07/14 05:54 PM
Well i got my camper under the awning with about 8 inches to spare i am going to use it as my office and i can keep an eye on the house and contractor.LOL They dropped off a dumpster and the material for the concrete forms they should start any day now on the house.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/23/14 04:40 PM
Well after the all the rain the contractor started on the form for the slab this morning hopefully we will have the slab poured and finished early next week.
Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 01/23/14 05:21 PM
Keep the pics comming, now the fun start wink
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/23/14 05:43 PM
I Sure will post more pics i should have some this afternoon.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/24/14 01:40 AM
Well they stayed and worked in the rain but thank god it didn't rain too much.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/24/14 01:43 PM
Well we got some rare weather here in southwest Louisiana it has been sleeting all night and people are freaking out LOL. We will be delayed for a few days while this all blows over. They say down here if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes and it will change. Its 25 degrees now but will be 60 tomorrow.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/27/14 12:25 PM
Well it looks like were gonna have round 2 of sleet and snow. I can't believe this is going to happen twice that has to be a record for south Louisiana.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 01/29/14 12:54 PM
Well the sleet has ended and should be thawed out today of course it will be to wet to work for a few days. I had someone message me about my awning being to weak to hold a little snow or sleet and that i should brace it up. Well we had a lot of sleet and the awning made it just fine. I live in Louisiana so we don't build things to hold snow because we just don't get any.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/03/14 01:00 AM
Well the ice has passed now were getting a lot of rain. I was hoping to have the slab poured this week but i don't think it will happen. The power company will have power run to the property in the next 2 weeks if the weather will hold off.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/08/14 09:06 PM
Well finally got the sand up on the hill so hopefully the can spread the sand and start digging the footers and get the plumbing in then pour some concrete.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/15/14 10:50 PM
Here is a little pond video turn up your sound and you can hear the frogs. They are suppose to pour the house slab Thursday.
Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 02/16/14 06:46 PM
Thanks for the updates, if all goes well you might get the house dried in before late spring.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/17/14 08:04 PM
The power company showed up today and put the pole in they will trench from here to my property tomorrow and hopefully get it all done.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 02/17/14 09:13 PM
wicked....always love the picture updates
your project is coming right along.

we are doing some trenching at our place today.
those ditch-witch trenchers are not cheap to rent..
riding ditch witch w/trailer is close to $375 a day!

Trencher Feb17, 2014

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/17/14 11:48 PM
Thanks ZEP, I am having the utility company doing all the trenching because it's wet and there will be a ton of roots so it wont be easy.LOL
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/18/14 08:39 PM
They started digging the footers today hopefully plumbing tomorrow then pour Thursday. Here are some pics. I was leaving the site and snapped a pic of a deer.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/19/14 12:27 AM
Well the utility company made it about 2/3 of the way they should finish up tomorrow.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/20/14 12:48 AM
Well power is all done and were ready for concrete but its 100% chance of rain tomorrow.LOL We got a new pour date for next Tuesday here a pic from today they were putting in the rebar.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 02/20/14 12:53 AM
Looking good!!
Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 02/20/14 12:45 PM
It won't be long now before the nail guns get a work out.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/25/14 12:56 PM
Well were still waiting to pour concrete, this rain is crazy. It rains every other day maybe Thursday if i am lucky lol.
Posted By: Mobilus Re: My new home place. - 02/26/14 03:50 AM
...this rain is crazy. It rains every other day...

I really wish you could send it West. We'd be happy to take all we can get.

The area counties have chipped in and will pay $50K/month for the next six months to some firm that does cloud seeding. It might be a waste, but the situation is getting desperate out here. As of March 1st, the clarified waste water will do directly back to the raw water supply. Something like 8M gallons a day will stay in the area mudholes, oops, lakes.

Anyway, good luck with getting started again!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/26/14 11:34 PM
Mobilus i wish i could send it your way cause i have had enough of it.
We got the power turned on today for the temp pole it only took a year, LOL
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/28/14 12:36 PM
Well it looks like tomorrow is gonna be the pour day finally. The rain has let up enough for us to pour before the next round of showers.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 02/28/14 03:26 PM
wicked did the power company charge more to bury the power line? when we had ours done it was a certain price to "string it" to the pole and a much higher price to have them place it underground. I wish ours was underground like yours, but if i remember correctly it was a pretty pricey option.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/28/14 07:28 PM
Yeah they charged me to bury the line the over head would have been free but i had to go underground because of the land owner we had to cross. The line coming in on my dads was 2600 and they had to add a transformer on his property to jump the voltage up to 7620 so i would have enough power on my end which was 800 feet away. The green box has another transformer that drops in to 220 on my property. So we had a lot of stuff going on. Total i had to pay was 4200.00 and 2000.00 of that was for trenching and the pipe. I thought about doing it myself but i am glad i didn't because it took them a while to get it trenched.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 02/28/14 08:28 PM
i dont blame ya wicked.
buried is so much better
although ya get used to the over-head.
i may have them come back out once
we get caught up and bury ours.
next time we rent a trencher
i suppose we could do the trenching.
maybe it would be a lot cheaper if
the trench was already in place

keep the pics coming
love that sandy soil
you probably dont see to much mud
we have really bad mud
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 02/28/14 10:45 PM
Well were gonna start pouring at 6:30 am so wish me luck.LOL 8 concrete truck and one pump truck gonna be fun.Pics to come.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: My new home place. - 03/01/14 12:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Zep
i dont blame ya wicked.
buried is so much better
although ya get used to the over-head.
i may have them come back out once
we get caught up and bury ours.
next time we rent a trencher
i suppose we could do the trenching.
maybe it would be a lot cheaper if
the trench was already in place

I dunno......the line to our house is buried, and they were going to bury the line to my shop (which was constructed later), but I insisted that they run it overhead.

The guy who came out to look the job over was already pacing off the trenching distance when I walked up. When I started talking going overhead instead, he looked at me kinda' funny.

"Why would you want that?" he wanted to know. "Very simple" was my answer.

When that line runs overhead, I can see it....no guessing about where it is, or waiting for a utility marking service to come out and find it. If it's underground, I pay for the costs of installation....when it's overhead, the company does.

If something happens to that underground line, it's on me to have it repaired....if it's overhead, the company picks up the repair tab, not me.

So I told him: If it's overhead, you guys pay for the installation, and any further maintenance/repair issues, and I never have to worry about driving a posthole down through it...it's 30' in the air and out of my way.

He just grinned, sctatched his head, and said: "I see your point, we'll run it overhead"
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/01/14 07:53 AM
sprkplug ya make me at least feel a little better!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/01/14 06:46 PM
Got it poured today it started off foggy but the sun came out and it turned into a real nice day.They should start framing Tuesday.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/02/14 12:36 AM
Well they finished at 5:00 they even got the form boards off and cleaned up, no rain for the next 3 days and only a slim chance for next week. If the weather holds they should have it framed up next week.
Here is the front porch its 8x60 its gonna be nice sitting on the porch watching the pond.

Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 03/02/14 04:37 AM
Nice!
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 03/02/14 06:50 AM
Good progress.
Posted By: Mobilus Re: My new home place. - 03/02/14 03:44 PM
You're going to love that porch! We have one that is 40x8 with a 15 x8 dogleg on the kitchen end. It has a handrail with standard the whole length and people hover around it (mainly because it provides a great place to sit a drink, I think). Separated from that one is a 30x8 on the back of the house that is to double in size this year if all goes well.

Folks tend to love porches. They bring back a buried memory of when people used them for their intended purposes, not just to make an entryway look better. Many of my best childhood memories involve porches, the best of which was when the extended family got together to make/eat ice cream...in hand-turned churns with a kid sitting on the top to weigh it down, with a towel to insulate his/her rear from the cold. The worst memories usually involved the porch as the origin for many a trip to cut my own plum switch. I don't think I was ever abused, but I learned many valuable lessons about errant behavior from parents that really cared. I miss that part of our current society...but that's for another topic some other time.

May just be that it goes as far back as when primitive man sat around fires, I don't know...it just seems like a house is missing something important when there isn't a porch.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/03/14 06:44 PM
Well we got some wood this morning.
Posted By: Tums Re: My new home place. - 03/03/14 08:29 PM
Sweet. I think you will like that Porch. Mine is about 56'x 12' on the pond side and gets a lot of use. I kind of wish I would have put more than the two 72" outdoor ceiling fans on it though.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/04/14 01:12 AM
Yeah we will really enjoy the front porch that was one thing that we had to have.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 03/04/14 06:51 AM

Got you some morning wood did ya? Right on! grin
Posted By: R&R Re: My new home place. - 03/04/14 06:02 PM
Originally Posted By: roadwarriorsvt

blush
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/04/14 07:28 PM
Morning wood is GOOD.LOL Well we had another ice/winter storm so no framing today but its clearing out as i type. They should get started on the framing tomorrow.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/05/14 07:56 PM
They are gettin busy this morning.

Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/05/14 08:07 PM
really taking shape!
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 03/05/14 08:24 PM
Ok, this may be a rookie question, but what is the pink wood? Some type of treatment? Termite control? Just curious.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/05/14 08:44 PM
Ok, this may be a rookie question, but what is the pink wood? Some type of treatment? Termite control? Just curious.

I am color-blind but could it be this?

http://www.pinkwood.ca/
Posted By: Tums Re: My new home place. - 03/05/14 10:29 PM

Notice it is only the precise cut wall studs. When framing my house in 09 all the precut wall studs came one color to easily designate what lumber it was.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/05/14 11:52 PM
They are called pink wall studs cut to the correct size and ready to go.
When i left they were putting up the ceiling joist and framing up the front porch. They should have the roof done tomorrow and have it all sheeted by Friday afternoon.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/06/14 06:03 PM
I went to check on the house at 10:30 and they had the ceiling joist done and had the walls sheeted already and had a good start on the roof they are knocking it out quick.

Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/06/14 07:21 PM
Wicked...that's great you have a "wall of windows" towards the lake. I can't tell you how many people I've seen that build a lakehouse/home and basically forget about the "wall of windows" facing the lake. I mean "hello"? Especially like down in Texas or the South I've seen people put a great big fireplace on the lake side that blocks much of their view. So they basically trade 24/7 beautiful view of the lake for a fireplace they maybe use 10 times year. 2EachHisOwn....
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/06/14 10:24 PM
Yes we love windows every bedroom and living room have a view of the pond. We put the fireplace on the backside of the house. I am getting ready to go check out the progress more pics are coming.
Posted By: Tums Re: My new home place. - 03/06/14 10:57 PM
Yes we love windows every bedroom and living room have a view of the pond.

I know we enjoy the 6'x 6' windows in the Master bedroom & Den over looking the pond. I also have Metal / glass 72" French doors with the double platted glass with blinds inside. I can open the blinds and look thru the doors as well. from the Den. Nothing like having a view from comfort to look from. I also like that you elevated the house several feet which makes the view much better. I built into a hill side where I am elevated about 50' up and just about 120' from the porch to the water. The hill out front is a 2 to 1 drop to the water. I hope you get as much enjoyment from your home as we do.

Attached picture IMG_20140129_094818.jpg
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/06/14 11:11 PM
beautiful place tums!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: My new home place. - 03/07/14 12:43 AM
Originally Posted By: R&R

blush

We were so poor when I was young that if I didn't get any "morning wood", I didn't have anything to play with all day....
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/07/14 02:00 AM
Well i went and checked on the progress and its coming along great. They delivered my windows today and of course one was broke and they tried to hide it from me and as the delivery guy was backing out he got his truck stuck. I told my wife that's what he gets for trying to hurry up and leave. LOL he stayed there till 7:30 they had to get a big wrecker to get him out. We have only had rain everyday for the last 3 weeks so i don't know what he was thinking pulling off the road where he wasn't suppose to be.LOL

Wife giving the thumbs up.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/07/14 03:16 PM
Chimney
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/08/14 03:28 AM
Well the framers finished at 4:00 today. PICS
Fireplace

Kitchen

Front porch
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 03/08/14 03:32 AM
Dang! That was quick. Looks great!
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 03/08/14 06:53 AM
Some half log or cedar siding would look great on your home.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/08/14 11:42 AM
I would of loved to do some cedar siding but it just wasn't in the budget. We went with insulated vinyl siding that looks like hardie plank.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 03/08/14 09:51 PM
I can understand that!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/09/14 12:44 AM
Got the conduit in the ground to power the shop. I hope to have the power turned on this week.
Posted By: Mobilus Re: My new home place. - 03/09/14 04:52 AM
wicked, in the kitchen picture, what is the doorway leading to? A pantry?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/09/14 02:51 PM
Yes that is a pantry in the corner.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/13/14 11:07 AM
Not too much going on still waiting on the power company to turn on power to the shop. I did have shingles show up yesterday.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/14/14 06:58 PM
They got the roof done yesterday and the plumbing and electrical rough in's done. They are installing the ac today and fireplace today.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/15/14 12:25 AM
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/19/14 01:38 AM
Concrete stain guy showed up today. Picture is the color floor we went with its the color but not our house.

Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/19/14 02:06 AM
wicked I am color-blind but it looks beautiful to me.

stained concrete is bulletproof!
Posted By: Bocomo Re: My new home place. - 03/19/14 03:22 AM
Love it! I really enjoy watching these projects come together. How's the pond doing?
Posted By: djstauder Re: My new home place. - 03/19/14 02:51 PM
That concrete floor is so shiny it looks like it has a layer of water on it. Looks great!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/19/14 07:31 PM
Thanks here is my actual floor,we put a fleur de lis at the front door. The actual finish will be a satin it looks shiny because its wet. He will come back tomorrow to cover it and after construction is finished he comes in and fixes any problems and lays down the final coat.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/19/14 07:47 PM
A buddy of mine that has a small airplane just send me a pic of my place from his plane.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: My new home place. - 03/21/14 10:23 AM
Is that a fleur de lis or a WhoDat symbol?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/21/14 05:17 PM
Its a fleur de lis.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/22/14 04:32 PM
Well i got the water well put in this morning they hit good water at 125 feet.

Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 03/22/14 04:51 PM
Liquid GOLD! Did they give you a GPM estimate?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/22/14 05:26 PM
I went with the 3/4 horse pump its rated for 16GPM the 1/2 horse was rated for 10GPM.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 03/22/14 06:52 PM
They should be able to tell you how many gpm the aquifier will support. The well is 125' deep, I wonder how many feet of head pressure (what's the static water level in the well casing).

My 3/4 well pump was rated at 27 gpm.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/22/14 08:05 PM
Nice aerial photo Wicked!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/22/14 09:46 PM
Thanks zep,esshup i have no idea all i know is i have water.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/24/14 09:39 PM
They got it insulated today and i finally got the power turned on at the shop(small victory for me)!

Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 03/24/14 10:21 PM
dang i wish I had a shop like that!
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/25/14 12:48 AM
I love it its got plenty of room.
Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 03/25/14 09:24 AM

For now. wink
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/25/14 11:26 AM
Yeah i hear ya the back 30x20 will be for my CNC plasma business and the front 30x30 will be my work shop(toy shop).
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 03/25/14 05:25 PM
Going to seal the floor or leave it unsealed?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/26/14 12:23 AM
I am not sealing the floor in the shop. The sheet rock showed up today and they started installing the sewer. We had a deer stop by to check out the progress.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/27/14 01:28 AM
A few pics from our place as we were leaving this afternoon.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/29/14 05:12 PM
THey got the sheetrock hung in the last 2 days and started to float it this morning.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 03/30/14 04:31 PM
I got a good start on the wall in my shop.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/04/14 01:32 AM
Started sheeting the wall.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 04/04/14 07:06 AM
That wall is gonna be full of sheet in no time flat! J/K.... Looking good man.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/10/14 08:42 PM
LOL Roadwarrior, they started putting the doors and trim in today and i went and picked up my new Cannon 48 gun safe.
Posted By: Cisco Re: My new home place. - 04/11/14 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: jims place

For now. wink

It won't take long to fill up. Mine is 50' x 50' and it only took about 3 weeks and it's full! Very nice place Wicked! It's exciting isn't it. When I built mine, it was something new every weekend. Again, nice place you've got there!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/11/14 08:26 PM
Thanks for the comments. Here are a few pics of the trim work.

Inside my new safe.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/18/14 02:00 AM
They started on the siding today they should have it done in the morning.

Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 04/18/14 07:08 AM
Looking good! Liking the big porch post.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/20/14 12:57 AM
Thanks the siding is done.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/20/14 05:07 PM
(SAFETY POLICE BEWARE)Finished the wall i had to put my wife on a pallet to get the last 2 pieces nailed up.

Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 04/21/14 12:48 AM
Sure, send her. She could have picked you up! wink grin
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/21/14 01:39 AM
Sorry she cant operate the FEL so she said she wanted on the pallet. LOL
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 04/26/14 08:09 PM
Got a little primer today.
Posted By: RAH Re: My new home place. - 04/26/14 08:18 PM
Looking good!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/01/14 12:52 AM
Thanks RAH, were starting to get some color.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/02/14 07:54 PM
They got all the cabinets installed today.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/06/14 05:25 PM
The rear awning 10x62 going up this morning.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/20/14 01:05 AM
They are starting the tile and counter top work.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 05/20/14 02:39 AM
It's all coming together now! Remember back a year or so ago when you were worried about not even being able to start the project?
Posted By: Rainman Re: My new home place. - 05/20/14 06:15 AM
Lookin good!!!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 12:30 AM
Yeah its been a long haul but its coming together.LOL
Here are some tile pics from today.

Posted By: John Wann Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 01:21 AM
Nice!
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 02:23 AM
Looking great Wicked!

Small world.. they are tiling our
showers and bathroom floors in
the cabins this week.

ps: is that granite called "Baltic Brown"?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 11:08 AM
Thanks guys. Zep its called giallo fiorito.
Posted By: fish n chips Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 11:43 AM
Sure is coming along fast.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 04:16 PM
Yeah its coming along pretty quick. We had issues with our project manager and we had to go over his head about his attitude. I called the first time and told the guy if we have another problem that my wife would be calling him next. Well i guess he did know who he was dealing with because my wife had to call him and chewed him out for an hour i don't even think she took a breath in that hour.LOL
Posted By: rmedgar Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 07:20 PM
Lookin' great.
Can I borrow your wife for an hour or two.
Posted By: ewest Re: My new home place. - 05/21/14 07:59 PM
Looks great to me. Well done.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 05/31/14 02:28 AM
We have been dealing with poor workman ship with the subs and the project manager doesn't seem to care.The big boss is coming out to the site next week to have a meeting. The granite guys have messed up cutting the granite around the sink twice so hopefully they get it ready the 3rd time. They came out today to put the one piece granite around the tub but when i went and checked this afternoon it was 4 pieces and it looked horrible. It will be ripped out and done right i cant believe people do work like this and think its ok.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 06/06/14 12:20 PM
I am ready for this house to be done! The granite guys are idiots they are on their 4th time to cut the granite around the sink. Then the fireplace guy put his ladder on my new gutters and dented and scratched them all up. The stuff these subs are trying to get away with is crazy you have to watch them like a hawk.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: My new home place. - 06/06/14 02:16 PM
I feel your pain, wicked. The subs that were too stupid to work on your place are working for me on an investment house in MS - a stressful mess, and financial black hole...
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 06/07/14 02:55 AM
LOL i hear ya! Its like everything went down hill in one day and has been getting worse. My project manager is a big liar he told the granite people to do the tub granite in 4 pieces and told me it cant be done in one piece. I told him i paid extra for one piece and that is what i will be getting. The granite people said no problem on doing it in one piece. I had to call the granite people directly and had an answer in 5 minutes where my project manager had to check on it for a week then lied to me.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 06/15/14 10:45 PM
Well not much going on they installed the wrong shower door on the master bath, the fireplace was flooded again and they cracked the glass on the cook top.
Posted By: Beaux Re: My new home place. - 06/16/14 01:18 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about all the mishaps Wicked... Most of these guys don't care... Not many people these days know what it means to take pride in their work... Besides, word of mouth in that industry is a big deal, what do they think you will have to say of their workmanship lol...good reputations= more jobs
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 06/18/14 11:24 AM
Thanks Beaux. We had to run off the project manager and told the company that if he showed back up at the property he would be arrested. I hated to do that but the guy just wouldn't listen and kept messing up he got on the roof and walked on our back awning and bent it in 3 places then gave my wife an attitude. Were pretty close to being finished so hopefully the new project manager will be better and get stuff done right.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 06/26/14 12:17 PM
We met with the new project manager and he is 100% better than the other guy. He had gotten to the house before we did and found all the problems and had solutions already in the works. You can tell this guy cares and knows his stuff. We should be in the house soonnnnnnnn LOL.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 06/26/14 02:06 PM
Good news! It sounds like you are on the right track now.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 06/26/14 10:57 PM
Glad to hear it!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/02/14 12:43 AM
The erosion control mats showed up today.
Posted By: Beaux Re: My new home place. - 07/02/14 01:23 AM
Looks good. Where did you get them? Locally?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/02/14 10:01 AM
Beaux, I got them from American Excelsior from the Dallas Texas area and had them shipped in. I couldn't find anything local in 8 foot wide.
Posted By: Beaux Re: My new home place. - 07/02/14 03:06 PM
Cool, thanks... Just curious, I'm sure I'll be needing some as well.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/08/14 04:00 PM
Well we are moving right along THANK GOD.LOL The shower got some glass yesterday.
Posted By: Mobilus Re: My new home place. - 07/08/14 09:10 PM
What company did you get the shower glass from? We need to buy two for our remodel.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/08/14 10:35 PM
I am not sure the name of the door company. It was ordered by the people building the house but i will see if i can get the info.
Posted By: Mobilus Re: My new home place. - 07/09/14 04:36 PM
I've seen several different companies, with varying prices, but we want that frameless look. I probably should have spec'd their inclusion as well at the outset of the remodel...oh well, lessons learned.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/11/14 11:11 AM
The new project manager is trying to find out about the shower door but the old project manager is not returning his calls. Go figure LOL
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/18/14 10:28 PM
They got the cabinet problem fixed so now we are waiting on the granite people to come out and finish the few last pieces.I have been building some fence while waiting i just need to finish the bottom trim board and this one side will be finished.I am gonna build a little house for the well.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 07/18/14 10:59 PM
Dang, you guys can get away with having a bladder tank and well pipe above ground. It'd freeze solid up here during the winter!! We start to panic and make sure everything is drained once temps start to drop below 30°F at night.......
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/18/14 11:52 PM
Yeah i am in south Louisiana so we don't get extreme low temps. We may see low 30's at night but not much lower than that. I will build a house around it and put a heating blanket on it during the winter just in case we do get some freezing.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 07/19/14 02:40 AM
If the "house" is insulated just close up the vents with 1" foamboard and turn on a 60 watt lightbulb. That should be enough to keep it from freezing. That's all we did when I lived in So. Cal when we had temps at night below freezing and we had to drape material over the orange and grapefruit trees. A 60 watt lightbulb (incandescent of course) was all that was needed to keep them from getting frost bit, and we had some nights in the lower 20's. The one night we hit 17, even with the Remay Cloth and the light some got hit lightly.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: My new home place. - 07/21/14 06:37 AM
You gonna put any stain or urethane, varathane, etc. on the fence?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/21/14 10:31 PM
I am just gonna let it age.
Posted By: RER Re: My new home place. - 07/22/14 12:39 PM
put a few redfish or speckled trout in your pond..Im sure you have access to lots of them around you....LOL
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 07/24/14 09:21 AM
LOL Bobby I wish i could stock reds and specks.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 08/02/14 04:05 PM
I had some geese show up this morning.

Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 08/06/14 06:26 PM
Well the project is winding down they finally got the new granite in and its right they will finish up the tile today. Painters have to come back and do a final touch up, we got satellite internet installed yesterday. The floor guy has one more coat of sealer on the floor then were done and ready to move in. Hopefully 2 more weeks and that's it.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 08/07/14 01:57 AM
we got satellite internet installed yesterday.

let me know how that works out
that may be my only choice for internet
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 08/07/14 02:32 AM
I had hughes net about 8-9 years ago and it was slow compared to this satellite service(excede). I haven't ran a speed test yet but they claim 12M download speeds. You just have to watch your use because you only get so many GIGS per month depending on what plan you choose. Here is a pic of the master bath granite and tile.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 08/07/14 02:37 AM
very nice wicked...
it's been great watching your project progress
Posted By: lassig Re: My new home place. - 08/07/14 11:56 AM
I have dish (Hughes Net) and it works fine. I only pay of the 10 Mbps package and get downloads in the 7 to 9 Mbps and uploads in the 1.1 Mbps. The thing you have to get use to is the delay. A typical satellite delay is in the 700 ms range where cable/dls are in the 15 - 40 ms range depending on a lot of factors. This 700 ms delay does make all but the best VOIP deployments not function well. If you are working from home and using a VPN tunnel expect very reduced throughput on the tunnel.
Posted By: djstauder Re: My new home place. - 08/07/14 01:06 PM
I like the layout of the bath... The tub connected to the cabinets on both sides. Looks good!
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 08/07/14 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: lassig
I have dish...The thing you have to get use to is the delay. A typical satellite delay is in the 700 ms range where cable/dls are in the 15 - 40 ms range. this 700 ms delay does make all but the best VOIP deployments not function well. expect very reduced throughput on the tunnel.

lassig....you just made me depressed!...lol
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 08/27/14 12:04 PM
The floors are done it wont be long now.
Posted By: Rainman Re: My new home place. - 08/27/14 12:32 PM
Nice!
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 09/11/14 09:55 PM
Well the painter couldn't get the job done right so they had to get another crew to finish it. The first painter used cheap paint so you could see ever touch up. The new painter is repainting the entire house from top to bottom. It seems that the old project manager keeps coming back to mess us up even though he was run off months ago. Maybe next week we can move in.
Posted By: Cisco Re: My new home place. - 09/11/14 10:27 PM
Looking good. I didn't think they would ever get thru with my place but it only took about 8 months so it wasn't too bad. I'll bet you're ready. Don't worry though, there will still be plenty to do.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 09/18/14 11:53 AM
Well its finally finished and they got the paint right. I got the pad all cleaned up and got all the erosion trenches filled in. We planted grass seed and started putting the erosion mats down. I still have some more mats to put down but should have it all planted and done by the end of this weekend.

Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 09/18/14 12:09 PM
Looking good, but something caught my eye. Just above and right of the two white pipes coming out of your house looks like your siding has some warping, might just be my eyes.
Posted By: Zep Re: My new home place. - 09/18/14 02:33 PM
Way2GoWicked....looking fabulous!
Posted By: djstauder Re: My new home place. - 09/18/14 04:12 PM
What kinda grass seed you planting?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 09/18/14 09:59 PM
Jim it does look like its warped in the pic i will have to check it out tomorrow. I planted bermuda grass.
Posted By: esshup Re: My new home place. - 09/19/14 12:49 AM
Originally Posted By: jims place
Looking good, but something caught my eye. Just above and right of the two white pipes coming out of your house looks like your siding has some warping, might just be my eyes.

Good eye!

Also take a look at the 9th course up and about 3' to the left of those pipes. Jim, if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have taken a closer look.
Posted By: jims place Re: My new home place. - 09/19/14 11:46 AM
After zooming in you can see the problem. It appears the warping is following the seams all the way to the upper right hand corner of the house, same as the warping you noticed. Could be a problem later on down the road.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: My new home place. - 09/20/14 12:54 AM
I checked it out today and its not warped i think its just something weird with the picture.
© Pond Boss Forum