Pond Boss
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Outa here! - 06/26/23 10:52 AM
When the wife drags herself out of bed, we are heading West from Fort Worth. First stop in Albuquerque New Mexico to see an old friend and ex co worker of Wife’s. Then off to Vegas for a couple of days. Next to Seattle to see Granddaughter and 4 grandkids. Hop on a boat for an Alaska cruise $$$$. Then repeat back to Fort Worth. Our 4th vacation since marrying 30 to 40 years ago.
Posted By: esshup Re: Outa here! - 06/26/23 11:57 AM
Have fun! My college roommate and his wife are leaving in a week for a 3 week Alaskan cruise.
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Outa here! - 06/26/23 03:54 PM
Have fun on your trip!

You should probably bring back some huge king salmon for your pond. grin

However, they might find the Texas heat a wee bit uncomfortable during the summer.
The good news is that they will certainly be too big for the cormorants to eat!
Posted By: SkunkedAgain Re: Outa here! - 06/26/23 07:27 PM
Have fun that sounds like a great trip... Good luck on the excursions... Later J
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Outa here! - 06/27/23 05:29 PM
I hope Charlene is okay with "30 to 40 years ago". I'm in trouble if I'm off our anniversary by a day or two. shocked

Have a great time!
Posted By: gehajake Re: Outa here! - 06/28/23 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by FishinRod
Have fun on your trip!

You should probably bring back some huge king salmon for your pond. grin

However, they might find the Texas heat a wee bit uncomfortable during the summer.
The good news is that they will certainly be too big for the cormorants to eat!

The King Salmon eat real good too, if they do find the Texas sun a bit too hot, they gonna shit when they hit the smoker!
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Outa here! - 06/28/23 07:54 PM
Try the halibut. Both days of summer are below zero and, as if things aren't bad enough as they are, cold makes everything contract. Bundle up.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Outa here! - 07/01/23 03:57 AM
Left Las Vegas this morning. Now in Logan Utah for the night. Amazing country with dang few people to clutter it up. Heading further North tomorrow.

Beautiful Mountain View’s.
Posted By: 4CornersPuddle Re: Outa here! - 07/03/23 03:25 AM
Dave, my loss for not being on the forum for some time. We're only 4 hrs north of Albuquerque and would have invited you up.
And I disagree with your assessment of dang few people in Utah. I lived in Logan and graduated from USU many years ago. There are millions more people in Utah now, and I found it to be crowded way back then.
I'll always remember a quote from a grandpa asked by the newspaper's "Man on the Street" back then. When the ole codger Mormon was asked how he'd like to see Logan in the he future, he replied, "Sonny, I hope it stays just st the same so that my 65 grand children can enjoy it like I have."
DUH
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Outa here! - 07/05/23 04:34 AM
Heck, 4C, I’m only seeing it from the paved roads and dodging towns whenever possible. I love it.

Now in a Seattle motel. Spent time with Grandkids and taking life easy. Catching a cruise boat Sunday for Alaska.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Outa here! - 07/05/23 12:08 PM
If you get a chance, eat at Ivar's on Pier 54.
Posted By: ewest Re: Outa here! - 07/06/23 03:24 PM
Have a great trip Dave !!!!!
Posted By: SkunkedAgain Re: Outa here! - 07/07/23 12:35 PM
Hey Dave, small world, Logan is just 8 miles from my place... I live out of town where we do have a little space and I sure enjoy it... Guess I'm one of the grandkids of the old kodger 5th generation since they settled here in the 1870's... Kind of like this area as well... but it does seem like it's getting too crowded, but after spending some time in Florida I know better than to complain about too crowded... Hope your trip has been enjoyable, I hear the silvers are running early this year, hope you had a chance to go catch one while you were there... Later J
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Outa here! - 07/19/23 03:06 PM
Utah is a beautiful state.

I am getting eye strain looking at mountains. Having a blast on this 3 week trip just looking at scenery.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Outa here! - 07/20/23 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1

I am getting eye strain looking at mountains. Having a blast on this 3 week trip just looking at scenery.

You mean Utah's more beautiful than Hurst?
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Outa here! - 07/20/23 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1

You mean Utah's more beautiful than Hurst?

I have noticed that you would have to blink for a VERY long time to drive through Utah and miss it!
© Pond Boss Forum