Pond Boss
Posted By: dlowrance GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/12/16 08:12 PM
I've been a lifelong fan of the lovable losers....and I for one am ready to BREAK THE CURSE!!!

Man I hope this is the year!
Posted By: Bing Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/13/16 06:45 PM
How far Central Illinois. Anything south of Peoria is Cardinal territory.
Posted By: brook wilson Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/13/16 06:46 PM
I'm with ya, and I'm buried deep in Cardinal country. It's been amusing this year to see all the closet Cub fans come out and show their pride this year. We're usually quite sheepish.
Posted By: Bing Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/13/16 07:10 PM
I am a Cardinal fan, but what I think is funny is all of the Cardinal Fan / Cub Haters who have gone into hiding. I've never been one to bash Cubs fans but I have friends who do. They have disappeared from sight. Frankly, and being from Illinois, I am not sure if I will be happy or sad if they win it all. One hundred and fourteen years (but who is counting) traditions are hard to break. I am still upset that Bannister broke the four minute mile.
Posted By: dlowrance Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/13/16 07:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Bing
How far Central Illinois. Anything south of Peoria is Cardinal territory.

Macoupin County now, 2.5 hours south of Peoria, but I'm from just about as far south in IL as you can get, 30 minutes north of Cairo....I've lived in enemy territory most of my life.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/13/16 09:09 PM
My poor Pittsburgh Pirates...got bullied by the Cubs and Cards all Summer long. Sorry, I've an axe to grind!
Posted By: Flame Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/13/16 11:28 PM
I still hate to see the Giants lose mostly because their first baseman slugger Brandon Belt went to high school down the road from me. When he was here last Christmas he brought me my signed world series cap and signed baseball. He is just a big ol country boy and allaround great guy! He is also an excellent pitcher!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/14/16 12:17 AM
Is Toronto still scoring on the Rangers? I lost track after the first two games.

Cubs works for me.
Posted By: dlowrance Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/14/16 01:19 PM
Looks like it's Cubs vs Dodgers - man I was hoping for the Nationals....mostly because I hate West Coast games. Makes for a loooong work day the next day.
Posted By: bassmaster61 Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/14/16 02:25 PM
Cubs a little cocky.....but hey, after 100+ years they are bound to win it at some point.....and they did kick butt this year. Our Cardinals can't make a run for it every year! BM61.
Posted By: SetterGuy Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/14/16 02:54 PM
I like Cubs fans.. The Cubs themselves.. Well, I don't actually dislike the Cubs, but if they get a little too big headed.. Ha! It's been a fun rivalry for many years, buts it's easier to enjoy it, as long as your team is winning.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/14/16 04:08 PM
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Is Toronto still scoring on the Rangers? I lost track after the first two games.

Cubs works for me.

Toronto smoked Texas three games straight.

Toronto starts their five game series with Cleveland tonight at 8:00 eastern. Then Saturday at 4:00pm eastern.

Posted By: peachgrower Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/14/16 04:27 PM
Cubbie here. The whole reason I became a Cub fan was when I was little my cartoons came on WGN. So when I got home from school the ballgame that was on top of my toons was a Cub game. That started it all. I'm really, really, deep in the red down here. We are pretty sheepish, don't really come out. I haven't kept up with baseball for years, but so glad to hear about the Cubs. Harry Carey would be proud. Still remember him swinging his arm singing take me out to the ball game and those big glasses he wore. I have signed pictures, cards, and a ball somewhere from Ryan Sandburg. He was my hero as a kid. They never really won much, but I always loved the late 80's through the late 90's Cub teams. Yeah, I've been out a while! lol. GO CUBS!!
Posted By: esshup Re: GO CUBS GO!!! - 10/17/16 12:48 PM
Meh, South Sider here. I have no concerns, there is still time to dash everybody's hopes like they usually do in the normal season. It's just taking a bit longer this year. wink grin

I heard that there was frost in he.., but it hasn't frozen over yet. laugh
© Pond Boss Forum