Pond Boss
Posted By: fishhound1 Water/Stain Proofing? - 09/19/13 08:35 PM
Hey ya'll I am having an issue with rain gear and ruined apparel, does anyone have any experience with textile proofing and how to properly use it. I spend a lot of money on outdoor apparel and would like to maximize its use and keep it in good standing for as long as possible. Cause it is expensive.
Posted By: esshup Re: Water/Stain Proofing? - 09/19/13 09:52 PM
I've 'bout given up on anything that is applied to the fabric. I'm like you, spending a lot of time outside in all kinds of weather, and I HATE getting wet. While they aren't the quietest things to wear, I've used both Gore-Tex and Dry Plus clothing and they both work very well.

I've had my arms wet almost up to my armpits and couldn't figure out why when wearing Gore-Tex. The water was running off my jacket, hitting the cuff of my long sleeve shirt, and wicking up my arm..... mad

Although that new nano technology that I believe Rustoleum has looks interesting! Before I buy into the hype, I'd like to see longevity test results tho.....

Posted By: gallop Re: Water/Stain Proofing? - 09/19/13 09:54 PM
No experience doing it yourself, but if you want something bullet proof, I have a grundens rain jacket that has been through H and back and I wouldn't trade it for any other foul weather jacket
Posted By: esshup Re: Water/Stain Proofing? - 09/19/13 10:07 PM
Lightweight or heavy duty? I really should buy a good rain jacket/bibs.
Posted By: fishhound1 Re: Water/Stain Proofing? - 09/24/13 05:44 PM
Have you actually used that Never Wet stuff?
Posted By: esshup Re: Water/Stain Proofing? - 09/24/13 07:48 PM
I've never used it. I've read the comments, both pro and against.
© Pond Boss Forum