Pond Boss
Posted By: Matt Clark Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:14 PM
All posts since day before yesterday are gone. What gives??? I was hoping somebody had an answer as to why I can't post pictures...
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:46 PM
Ya got me. I just got back from the farm. I'll email Lusk.
I'm going to do a couple of quick post checks.

Bear with me.
Ok here goes again
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:47 PM
and again
and again
and again
and again
and once again
another time
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:48 PM
somebody else try it, because it seems like I can post better than I could before. don't know what happened to the last two days posts.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:49 PM
I also noticed that my avatar has been changed back to what it was two days ago. Interesting.

I have a funny feeling that those posts are drifting in the ionosphere somewhere.

somebody else try a post.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:59 PM
Already did so...but here's another....
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 07:59 PM
Did it post quickly, and without forcing you to log on again, Matt?
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 08:05 PM
Actually, it worked spectacularly well. It's been pretty good for the past couple days. I wouldn't bitch about it, but I was trying to figure out why I couldn't post pic's, and was waiting for responses. Hated to repost...might be the only hope.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 08:37 PM
The address of the forum has changed. Up through this morning it was Pond Boss Forum (www.pondboss.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi), now it is Pond Boss Forum(www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php).

That may have something to do with the lost posts.

Oh well, at least I got logged in.
Posted By: JHFV Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 10:08 PM
yeah i thought i was getting ban because my post were gone from yesterday. can the bring them back?
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 11:01 PM
everything working fine for me. didn't even have to hit Ask the Boss twice. hopefully this post goes through
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 11:02 PM
lightning fast
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 11:02 PM
3 in a row
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/09/08 11:03 PM
Just did in 14 seconds what would normally have taken 14 minutes. What am I gonna do with all this extra time now??
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 12:20 AM
Build another mini-pond?
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 12:56 AM
test post
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 12:57 AM
faster than it's been in quite a while.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:06 AM
I was thinking actually get some work done!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:07 AM
Obviously the culmination of Lusk's dream.

A forum with only Condello, n8ly and Brettski participating.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:09 AM
...or nightmare
Remember when he once noted how lucky he was that he sometimes giggled in bed thinking about his life? Enter Stephen King.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:11 AM
Once I woke up at 3 a.m. giggling....and it was about Lusk's life.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:12 AM
This spring we are going to build a river! I have a pump to pull water from 44' deep and am going to have the water fall down a waterfall into a stream that has pools for fish. Then the water will flow back into the lake. This set up actually isnt going to be as much work as it sounds, because I have the perfect place for it.
Kind of got the idea from that old fish guy from wisconsin who wrote that book about his life and ponds and how he spawned walleyes in a homemade river. I cant think of his name, maybe elmer?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:16 AM
Please, if you do something like this get some good photo documentation, because I'm in the wishing phase for something a lot like this.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:16 AM
That sounds very slick, Nate. Definitely gonna need a dedicated thread and progress reports.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:19 AM
Bruce and I will be unable to help, tho. We will be occupied with keeping this forum open by continuing to post useless blather until some unsuspecting chump...err forum member...falls into our trap and becomes our cyber-friend.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:19 AM
I started taking photos about one year ago. I actually kind of enjoy taking photos now . Wish I would of started about 10 years ago
Posted By: n8ly Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:21 AM
I think the site is actually fixed. I was able to switch to full reply screen, preview, post and still stay logged on!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:22 AM
...if I continue at this rate, only 3510 more posts to beat Theo
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:23 AM
We've locked Theo out. He doesn't believe in the power of the banana.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 02:36 AM
Dudes....we may be near the next finish line. Good 'ol JP told me we might lose a few new posts for a couple of days but within 48 hours the site might be fixed. Holy moly....what a messy few weeks...or was it months? Or, years?
Thanks for hangin' in there with a good sense of humor. We might actually be able to get serious about the unserious business of pond meistering before long.
We do have some major announcements to make, once this thing is fixed. As Paul Harvey says, "Stand by for news!"
Posted By: DJT Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 04:12 AM
[quote=Bob Lusk] Good 'ol JP told me we might lose a few new posts for a couple of days but within 48 hours the site might be fixed.

Yeah it looks like that picture I posted of myself and my supermodel wife landing a 18 lb bass from my pond got deleted. Its too bad because I had my Nobel prize trophy along with me in the boat and it was in the background of the picture. I knew I should have saved that pic to a disk.
Posted By: Weissguy Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 04:37 AM
Seems as thought they used a slightly older backup image of the database when they moved it to the new server.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:43 PM
I'm catching up on the Matt Clark-Bruce Condello forum backlog.

Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
I also noticed that my avatar has been changed back to what it was two days ago. Interesting.

One has to utilize an avatar-du-jour in order to notice that.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:45 PM
I think we're all better.

Bruce, your banana is spotted.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 01:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

Bruce, your banana is spotted.

(that's bruising)
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 02:07 PM
Thanks, Bob!!
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 02:20 PM
I ain't complaining no mo'. REALLY fast now...no hangups AND I figured out how to post pic's again. Snapfish can just bite me...PhotoBucket from now on.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 02:24 PM
I havent been able to get on either,test post,you guys cant keep hogging all the fun.When he's able to get back on,Im gonna sic JHAP on you guys.He'll fix your wagons for keeping the rest of us locked out for a day or two
Posted By: TOM G Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 02:25 PM
Post worked,really quick too.Somebody is doing very good!!!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Now what's going on? - 01/10/08 06:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
Dudes....we may be near the next finish line. Good 'ol JP told me we might lose a few new posts for a couple of days but within 48 hours the site might be fixed. Holy moly....what a messy few weeks...or was it months? Or, years?
Thanks for hangin' in there with a good sense of humor.

Yea!!!! Three cheers for JP!!!! Also thank you Bob for giving is this wonderful resource.

We might actually be able to get serious about the unserious business of pond meistering before long.

Never, I refuse to be serious, it's not in my nature, you can't make me.

We do have some major announcements to make, once this thing is fixed. As Paul Harvey says, "Stand by for news!"

I knew it, you've been cloned. I've been saying that for a while now but no one will listen. One minute you're in California, the next in Mexico, now you're consulting on a pond then you're writing a magazine. Do you think we are so stupid as to believe there is only one of you. So now you're going to admit it. They cloned a sheep why not a Lusk. I knew I was right all along.

Finally now all of the forums members will find out that I'm not mental, they will bow before my infinite power and wisdom.

Monuments will be built to honor me.

Songs will be sung in praise of my foresight.

Or not, it's hard to tell, these forum members are kinda fickle.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/11/08 12:55 AM
I've made 55 posts in the last 30 hours. Does this mean I've been suffering from withdrawal?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Now what's going on? - 01/11/08 01:09 AM
It was past time to drain your keyboard.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/11/08 01:18 AM
Is that what they're calling it now?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Now what's going on? - 01/11/08 01:21 AM
Darth has got a death-grip on Bruce
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Now what's going on? - 01/11/08 02:17 AM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Darth has got a death-grip on Bruce

My youngest daughters first words were "My diaper has gone over to the dark side".
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Now what's going on? - 01/12/08 04:21 AM
Dudes....we may be near the next finish line.
Thanks for hangin' in there with a good sense of humor. We might actually be able to get serious about the unserious business of pond meistering before long.

Thanks Bob, Otto, the Moderators, and all those who help keep this a fantastic place to visit.

I feel like I've gone through withdrawal, and I'm now in relapse -- but that is OK. I think we now need a program of twelve steps to pond management excellence.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Now what's going on? - 01/12/08 03:21 PM
Bruce you're acting crazy, and I know crazy.
Posted By: Russ Re: Now what's going on? - 01/12/08 11:53 PM
I've been sidelined for the past few months trying to log in. Glad to see we're on the road to recovery. Thanks Bob and J.P.
© Pond Boss Forum