Pond Boss
Posted By: george Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 12:41 PM
Y'all excuse me for posting this photo for DD1, but his email will not accept jpg files.
OK Dave?

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 12:45 PM
You're excused, george, as long as you leave the post here even after DD sees it.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 01:45 PM
This may help.

Pellet fly

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=003981;p=1#000006

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 02:02 PM
OK, I see my problem. I'm sandwiching a hook between 2 pieces of of 3 mm foam and then trying to wrap it. I'll be gone for a couple of days and start again next week.
Posted By: Joey Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 02:05 PM
IF..... some happened to be for sale. I will take 10.
Posted By: bz Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 04:41 PM
I'd like a few of those too. They look great!
Posted By: Joey Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 11:05 PM
Oh boy am I p_ssed. I bought a fly pole combo. Nothing elaborite. I wanted to try it out. 2 hours I have been trying to get this eye into the line. Its impossable. The stupid instuctions simply say insert the knotless eye into the line.

IS there a trick to this or some other way to do it.
Posted By: george Re: Pellet Fly - 05/04/07 11:15 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Joey:
Oh boy am I p_ssed. I bought a fly pole combo. Nothing elaborite. I wanted to try it out. 2 hours I have been trying to get this eye into the line. Its impossable. The stupid instuctions simply say insert the knotless eye into the line.

IS there a trick to this or some other way to do it.
Joey, google up "nail knot" and attach leader directly to fly line.
http://www.killroys.com/knots/nail.htm
Posted By: Joey Re: Pellet Fly - 05/05/07 12:33 AM
That insertion nail is nuts. I will look up that nail knot that you sugest tonight. I was dieing to try it so I ended up tieing a loop in it then tied the tipet to that. I bought this pellet looking fly but it sinks. I didnt know much of anything with a fly pole but I still managed to catch 6 sunfish, 1 trout and a STRIPER..... man that thing tore me up.
© Pond Boss Forum