Pond Boss
Posted By: FamilyTradition Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 02:00 AM
We have a Bald Eagle that has taken up residence at my place of employment in the heart of the Houston Ship Channel Industrial Zone, Chevron Phillips Chemical Pasadena, Texas. Our #1 process water pond is jammed packed full of tilapia up to two pounds and no one seems to know where they came from. The water is warm enough from process discharge that they over wintered through temps in the high 20's this winter. He had a mate with him until a couple of months ago and we assume she is nesting nearby. People see him catch tilapia on a daily basis. The second pic shows him chasing an osprey that also frequents the ponds.

Posted By: Brettski Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 02:08 AM

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 03:25 AM
Very.
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 03:40 AM
AMAZING!!!!!
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 05:06 AM
cool story, awesome pics FT.

you allowed to "move" some of them tilapia?
Posted By: Eric Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 10:49 AM
That is what this is all about. Awesome Nature at its best!!!!
Posted By: TN Hillbilly Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 02:02 PM
Nature? Living on a heated lake in Texas eating fish from Africa? Very cool though.
Posted By: Double-Camp Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 02:21 PM
Awesome Pics! Last Spring, while I was out doing some tractor work, I noticed an Osprey with a young bass heading from a large pond near by back to his/her riverside nesting site. A moment later, I saw a bald eagle in 'pursuit.' At a distance, I watched them "mix it up" a little, and here comes the bald eagle back WITH the bass in her claws and one angry osprey diving and screeching on the bald eagle to no success. Any life pond-side is a good life. \:\)
Posted By: GW Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 03:00 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by TN Hillbilly:
Nature? Living on a heated lake in Texas eating fish from Africa? Very cool though.
Isn't the essence of nature adaptation?

Ultimately I agree though, there is nothing natural about Texas.
Posted By: GW Re: Eagle at Work - 04/28/07 07:17 PM
Apparently someone hacked into my account a made a post designed to tease Texans. I would never to that.
© Pond Boss Forum