Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 02:51 PM
PERFECT POND
WANT ONE?

Tips How to Buy Land & Make the Plan
The Complete Guide to Lake and Pond Construction

Looks like we have four winners...The Commissioner, Dwight, Bruce Condello and Taylor
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 03:08 PM
Simple and to the point, I like it.

I'm still trying to figure out how you have enough time to consult with clients that are all over the world, put together a magazine bimonthly, build a new home AND write books. I'm beginning to believe that you have been cloned. I wonder if you've ever been spotted in two places at once? \:D
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 03:19 PM
(chuckling...) It's a challenge.
You know...this book probably needs an explanation. I'm headed to the blog....and then to church....
Posted By: Joey Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 03:39 PM
Very nice... G/L with it
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 03:42 PM
Whoppee, I can't wait to start getting my collaboration rolaties!
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 04:02 PM
I have the trophies. I just need a photo to personalize them!

Posted By: Sunil Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 05:02 PM
Congratulations, Bob, on your latest accomplishment.
Posted By: Sunil Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 05:15 PM
On a side note, I'd like to have my book signed as follows:

"Dear Sunil, please enjoy my new book. I wanted to use one of your suggested titles, however, I knew that your hard-nosed & heavy-handed bargaining for royalties would leave me in the negative as far as cash flow, therefore I had to select another title."
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 07:07 PM
Are you going to charge him to use your name in the autograph?
Posted By: Sunil Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 08:48 PM
No, never, never.

(from the movie, Fletch)
Posted By: Eastland Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 10:38 PM
Geez I suck ! I can accept losing to : The Commissioner, Dwight, and Taylor...but Bruce ! aaarrrggghhhh, it's bad enough he whips my butt with Bluegill, now this !!! I may never recover.

Then again, that puts me right there with Sunil \:D feeling better already !

Nice job Bob, when can we buy it ????
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 10:50 PM
;\) ;\)
Posted By: Eastland Re: And the winner is......... - 01/28/07 11:14 PM
\:o
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: And the winner is......... - 01/29/07 01:06 AM
I expect the book to be available at the conference.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: And the winner is......... - 01/29/07 02:56 AM
If he gets time to sign it at the conference, he will dang sure be in two or more places at once.
Posted By: bobad Re: And the winner is......... - 01/29/07 03:27 PM
Dave, when I look at Bruce's BG, it's not about the pond. FOr a moment or 2, it's all about the fish!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: And the winner is......... - 01/29/07 10:18 PM
You know Bob, he does raise some real purty trotline bait
Posted By: Rad Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 12:27 AM
Not exactly a rapier like thrust, but funny as heck, sorry Bruce.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 12:53 AM
kudos to DD1.....yes, funny....its a heck of a lot more rapier than my wit, which is analogous to the bull in a china shop....or maybe more like stepping in a big wet cow pie.

unfortunately for me, the clever mr. condello has my number any time he wants it \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 01:40 AM
Bruce Condello – Those photos should work great for trophy personalization. I will work very hard at having the trophies ready for the Convention. \:\)

I apologize for the delayed reply and the grief you have had to endure. That trotline bait comment was brutal and insensitive. Being a moderator you are expected to have broad shoulders, I hope the big bucks are worth it! ;\) \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 02:19 AM
Dwight I already have them in suitable form on the slide show along with Furhead Wheel Chock (the fish trap). It will make old big shoulders smile.

Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 02:37 AM
ewest - Big Head Sally tried to get in through the triple pane window when she saw that cute 'Household Traps' pretty boy!
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 02:40 AM
Now she is all messed up, as you changed the photo. She is
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 02:43 AM
Ok Ok I don't want Big Head Sally mad as she might take it out on you.

Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 02:51 AM
She was through the first pane, working on the second…… purrin’ now, though \:\)
Posted By: bz Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 03:16 AM
I gotta know Bruce, how much did those BG weight?
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 03:49 AM
bz - ;\)
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 04:39 AM
I think those BG would have averaged 1-12.
Posted By: Rad Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 06:23 AM
I think those BG would have averaged 1-12
The terse reply might not bode well for those of us who besmirched the beloved bluegill. Take heed and least we not bait him again.
Posted By: Brettski Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 11:47 AM
...woe is the pondmeister that shuns the retaliatory BG anger that simmers deep within. Forget not of their brethren RES and the global fear they instill like that of a thousand huns.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 12:38 PM
The redears are preparing a huge offensive as we speak.
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 02:50 PM
Bruce the RES are offensive they don't need to plan one. BTW I have thier (RES) pics also on the slide show but I can't put them next to the BG as a fight would start.

Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 03:52 PM
Piranha Anna the mad Redear.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 04:02 PM
Bruce grew those long arms in self-defense, to keep the Redears away from his face and head. As you see, he still gets nipped on the thumbs occassionally.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 06:42 PM
If you guys keep teasing me I'm going to get FatMcB to block for me and I'm gonna run an end around on you guys at the conference. You'll never tackle me!

Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 09:42 PM
Bruce, I knew you had a very active acting career from previous threads but never had you pegged for that FREAKY looking Burger King guy. \:D
Posted By: Russ Re: And the winner is......... - 01/30/07 11:20 PM
Eric..... \:D \:D

Bruce, I didn't realize a part time dentist could pull off such a great run hauling a bucket of BGs
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 01:24 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Brettski:
...woe is the pondmeister that shuns the retaliatory BG anger that simmers deep within. Forget not of their brethren RES and the global fear they instill like that of a thousand huns.
Some of my best friends are redears.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 02:26 AM
bucket 'o' bluegills......crackin me up russ \:D \:D
Posted By: Taylor Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 03:10 AM
Bob i think you made a really great choice with the book title i do beilve the book is going to be great can't wait to read it.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 03:33 AM
Taylor, you mean he hasn't let you read it yet?
Posted By: Taylor Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 03:47 AM
No Dave, I don't get to read it untill it comes out which is supposed to be when his convention is.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 05:09 AM
Does the gif. file that I posted move for everybody else, or just for me?
Posted By: Rad Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 06:40 AM
Oh, it moves me.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 01:28 PM
Looks just like Leon Lett, except this time he scores....
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 01:40 PM
What on Earth is chasing the bucket of chicken? It looks like half a hotdog with arms and legs.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 02:16 PM
I honestly have no idea, but I think it might be Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer.

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 04:40 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Does the gif. file that I posted move for everybody else, or just for me?
Yes, but only after the requisite ingestion of Captain & Coke. \:D
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 04:44 PM
On a serious note I wonder if Mr. Lusk would make some signed copies of his new book available for the non conference attendees. I would like to have a signed copy and since the conference is in the middle of tax season I can't be there. Perhaps I could bribe one of the attendees to get me a signed copy.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 04:47 PM
Only on the Pond Boss forum can we go from

"The winner of the book naming contest is..."

to

"What on earth is chasing the bucket of chicken?"
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 04:50 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Only on the Pond Boss forum can we go from

"The winner of the book naming contest is..."

to

"What on earth is chasing the bucket of chicken?"
Are you implying that we have short attention spans? \:D
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 04:51 PM
\:D \:D

it even moved for me on dial-up (after a bit of a download period)
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 04:53 PM
I thought it was Krusty the Klown after that bucket of BGs. :p \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 05:19 PM
Badgers \:D Talk about attention span! \:D
Posted By: Brettski Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 06:09 PM
Dwight...that is so stupid....I started tappin' my foot.
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/31/07 06:54 PM
Brettsi - I figured you would get a kick out of it, if anyone would! There are a lot of other toons at that site too.

Those people have, "Too Much Time on My Hands" - Styx.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 01:26 AM
Baagers?...We no need no steekin' baagers.
Posted By: Brettski Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 01:31 AM
Well, if ever a segue existed into my story about Styx...this is gonna be it. I'll try to keep it brief.
They started out as TW4 on the far south side of Chicago. Dennis DeYoung (keyboard/vocals) was making ends meet during their rise to glory, so he worked as the music teacher at my Jr High School. Yep, my 7th grade music teach was Mr. DeYoung. I can still remember him playing his Eminee chord organ at the teacher's desk, trying to teach us and influence us with Brahms, Bach, and Beethoven. My first rock concert was Styx...I mean TW4 playing a freebie in our Jr High gym.
A couple years later, I would go see them in concert at the local high school gymnasiums. The rest....history.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 01:44 AM
The closest I got to fame was being Suzanne Summers' chauffer for an evening. She looks like she weighs about 63 pounds. I used to volunteer for Lincoln General Hospital's "Star Night" as photographer and errand boy. I also drove Bill Cosby, Natalie Cole, Lee Ann Rimes and Mark Chesnutt.
Posted By: Brettski Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 02:02 AM
OK, I just had a Badgers moment...
I downloaded it and turned up the speakers and subwoofer pretty strong to prepare for the jahm, mahn. I knew Donna-ski was relaxing on the couch in the adjacent room, watching TV and waiting for the washing machine to complete it's cycle in the utility room. LET THE BADGERS BEGIN!
Donna-ski jumps up off the couch like she's on fire and flies by me toward the washing machine. She stops half way and looks back at her mature, distinguished hubbie doing the Brettski Boogie to a heart-pounding rendition of Badgers. Without a break in my choreographed Badgers stage show, she looks at the monitor, calls me one of my precious pet names, cursing the stupid video for making her think there was something seriously wrong with the soon to explode washing machine during the spin cycle.
Gosh, I love her. \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 02:08 AM
Brettski - In 1981 the triple-platinum Paradise Theatre album spawned two Top 10 singles - Dennis DeYoung's "The Best of Times" and Tommy Shaw's "Too Much Time on my Hands" - STYX was rewarded with their first and only #1 album.

My personal favorite is "Boat on the River", though, I enjoy most of their music.
\:\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 03:17 AM
I missed the whole Badger moment. Sorry for my ineptitude..............
Posted By: Brettski Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 03:24 AM
...ya had to be there; no worries. I am busy, now, installing the Badger jam into all the smoke alarms.
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 03:35 AM
Did you notice that sometimes there are 10 Badgers and sometimes 11, always one snake though!

Badger Ringtones.......
Posted By: Eastland Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 07:16 AM
No offense...but the visual of Suzanne Summers' at 63 lbs killed this thread \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 07:21 PM
Eastland - Another perfectly good thread ditched by the Dooms Day Doctor! ;\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 07:40 PM

Posted By: Rad Re: And the winner is......... - 02/01/07 11:55 PM
Eastland, I did a security gig for Bo Derek once and she was about the same weight, a very tiny woman, well mostly.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 03:33 AM
Okay, I guess I can fess up to you guys.

Back in the late '50s and early '60s, I was Arthur Godfrey's mistress and bore his love child. I gave the baby up and he was adopted by a very nice Italian family in the Midwest (or was it the North Central states?) who raised him as their own.

A couple of years ago, a private detective found him for me and I am delighted by the man he has become. I believe he got his acting ability from his biological father, but I am proud that he apparently inherited a propensity for telling whoppers from me.

Here is a picture of my and Arthur's son. Do any of you know him?

Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 05:23 PM
Sometimes I wonder if you guys are insane -- oh that must be the effect of the Badgers popping up in the middle of the football field to trip up Krusty the Klown just as he gets close to the bucket of BGs , all the while Dr. Doom is stalking the sidelines yelling " This is The Best of Times" at the top of his lungs. \:D
Posted By: Sunil Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 05:55 PM
I'm either scared FOR Dwight, or scared OF Dwight.

I just can't decide which.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 06:37 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
Okay, I guess I can fess up to you guys.

Back in the late '50s and early '60s, I was Arthur Godfrey's mistress and bore his love child. I gave the baby up and he was adopted by a very nice Italian family in the Midwest (or was it the North Central states?) who raised him as their own.

A couple of years ago, a private detective found him for me and I am delighted by the man he has become. I believe he got his acting ability from his biological father, but I am proud that he apparently inherited a propensity for telling whoppers from me.

DADDY!!!!!! \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 07:25 PM
That is "Stumpy Jack Gallus" . I thought he was in prison for shine runnin !! What's he doing with a firearm ?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 07:59 PM
You can't keep a Gallus down.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 02/02/07 09:37 PM
O.K....claim to fame. I once passed a doobie with B. J. Thomas at Miss. State(moo U). Well..actually, I passed the doobie from him to someone else. I was the liason. It was not lit, and if it were, I wouldn't have inhaled.
"I have never had cannabis with that woman".
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 04:17 AM
I am a little off this evening.....

Gail and I went shopping today. I figured 2 store stops, lunch at the Bloody Bucket, and then back to normal.

I was very wrong and have re-learned a lesson form many years ago.

I should have listened to Brodrick Crawford when he said, "let your wife go shopping while you stop at the Bloody Bucket”. ;\)
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 06:44 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
O.K....claim to fame. I once passed a doobie with B. J. Thomas at Miss. State(moo U)..................
awlright.....my turn.......i've gotten private messages from bruce condello AND bob lusk \:D \:D \:D .......

.........and still my wife doesnt quite understand my fascination with this "chat room" as she calls it......while i honestly claim it as my new found source of practical knowledge and science of course......
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 01:17 PM
My wife called it a "chat room" as well. I almost went out of my mind trying to convince her of the significant difference between a chat room and a "forum". I told her a chat room is where people talk in real time, about nothing.

A forum is were people post a thought or opinion and check in periodically for feedback, much of it of a valuable professional nature.

I am right, aren't I??
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 01:31 PM
You are right, Bruce. A chat room is just real time idle gossip; you know, like wives do when we are trying to read the latest informative post on this highly focused forum. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 05:56 PM
I ask you. Is there any question that the forum is a far more sophisticated form of education and idea exchange than the lowly chat room? Just peruse the list of topics discussed in this single thread as evidence of forum superiority!

Topics List:

A pond building book naming contest, with results
Discussion about large Bluegill and their cousins
Trotline bait tips
Rapier like thrusting tips
Stepping in a big wet cow pie comparison
Household traps review
Big Head Sally’s aggressive tactics and problem resolution
Running bucket of chicken be chased, but not caught life lesson
Attention span discussion
A badger, mushroom and snake video
A discussion of famous rock bands and famous people as they relate to individuals life experiences
63 pound women commentary
Insanity and fear discussion
Examples of ineptitude and forgiveness
Thread ditching example
A brief biography of “Stumpy Jack Gallus”
Doobie passing and Mushroom tea sipping
Shopping with your wife tips.
A discussion of the relative merits of forum versus chat room environments

Extremely impressive!!!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 07:07 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dwight:
Running bucket of chicken be chased, but not caught life lesson
I just now realized that you're right. This is a life lesson. :p \:D \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 10:45 PM
Convoluted logic can be a good thing!

I would like to hear Brettsi elaborate more on ineptness and forgiveness.

ewest and Sunil could have a debate; ewest on the side of insanity and Sunil on the side of fear. That would be interesting!

\:D ;\) :p
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 11:05 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:

I was so pumped to stock HSB this spring until I witnessed the true effects of Hybrid Vigor and now it scares me to death.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: And the winner is......... - 02/03/07 11:17 PM
\:D \:D \:D ROFLOL!

Like the old margarine commercial, "It's not nice to fool (with) Mother Nature!"
Posted By: Brettski Re: And the winner is......... - 02/04/07 01:17 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dwight:
I would like to hear Brettsi elaborate more on ineptness and forgiveness.

"What did I tell ya about postin' stuff that Dwight doesn't understand, Possumpuss! Why I outta..."

"Bruce, Eric...CHEESE......nyah-ah-ah-ah-ah!"
Posted By: Russ Re: And the winner is......... - 02/04/07 01:50 PM
B-ski, like that vise screw, you're twisted. \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 02/04/07 03:59 PM
ROFLOL !!! \:D Classic Brettski. I was wondering how long into winter we could go without our fix of Stooges. I needed one to pick me up after Dwight's warning post about the guy going through the ice. This thread has a place in the twisted funnies. How did a such a simple thread announcing a winner get this insane. It must be the people - oh am I looking in the mirror.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 02/04/07 04:38 PM
Some of you folks are ruining the credibility of this forum. It is becoming more like a..chatroom of pre-teens. :p To the funnies with it, Ewest, arbitor of all things funny!
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 02/04/07 10:28 PM
Burger first I need confirmation that this thread equals the catfishin on the river thread !!! :p
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 02/05/07 02:02 AM
Ewest, it is definitely a keeper.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: And the winner is......... - 02/05/07 02:06 AM
Ewest, it is definitely a keeper.
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 02/06/07 02:02 AM
ewest - Where is the funnies cache stored? On multiple secure servers, I hope. \:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: And the winner is......... - 02/06/07 10:33 PM
Dwight it is all here in different threads. Some of them are linked /collected at the link below which we refer to as the PB funnies. Contrary to reports I am not the decider of all things funny and anyone can post links etc to the funnies.

http://www.pondboss.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002291;p=1
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: And the winner is......... - 02/06/07 11:14 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by ewest:
.......Contrary to reports I am not the decider of all things funny
i'm crushed ewest \:\(
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/20/08 10:11 PM
So this is where we were last January! \:\)

I was wondering where my prize is for the Book Naming Contest. I returned to this thread to see if I did something wrong in the redemption phase of the contest. I think someone just forgot about me.... \:\(

Anyway, I read through the whole thread and was reminded what a thoughtful, knowledgeable and insightful bunch we are, especially in the month of January! \:D
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/20/08 10:19 PM
No book yet?

If not then I'll PM Mr. Lusk. This may have been the source of negative karma plagueing the forum in November.

Either that or it was the lack of a dancing banana.
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/20/08 11:02 PM
No book yet. I should have mentioned this earlier and averted all the Forum's woes. The dancing banana was a great band aid solution, but now that it is gone, how long before.....?

My experience with Karma is mostly with the bad kind, and it always comes back at the most inopportune time.

We all need to remain vigilant out there!

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: And the winner is......... - 01/20/08 11:07 PM
I just notified Bob. I'm sure it was just an oversight. Actually if you don't hear anything in a couple of days (he's always got tons of stuff going on), then you should contact Kathy at world POND Boss headquarters. Tell her you want it autographed.

Are you going to the conference this summer? That would be a good time to get the book as well. ;\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: And the winner is......... - 01/21/08 12:01 AM
Sorry to say, the Conference is at the same time as our main "up nort" family fishing vacation.

This trip is scheduled a year in advance. It has been going on since 1970. My mother who is 86 continues to fish most days on the trip. She is kind of frail and needs help getting in the boat, but she is a crappie fishing fiend. 2" tail, 1/16oz jig, 4 pound test on an ultra light rod&reel and she is happily catching big crappies for hours.
© Pond Boss Forum