Pond Boss
Posted By: virgil did it work - 01/18/07 09:09 PM
trying to put some pictures of the 1st tank I did... did it work?
web page
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/18/07 09:14 PM
ill try again...
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/18/07 09:53 PM
still trying..maby this will show some before, during and after shots..

Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/18/07 09:57 PM
wow, it worked thanks to my assistant here in the office.

1st gulley damed, stocked, almost dried up due to drought, and filling back up as we speak.

by the way, the lady on the tractor is my wife.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: did it work - 01/18/07 10:32 PM
Nice work Virgil, and nice tractor, I bought a L4400 last year and it's awesome, don't know how I went so long with out it.
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/18/07 10:53 PM
the tractor belongs to my wife of 26 years. I got it for her Christmas last year along with a backhoe. It is a Kioti CK 25 hst and she has almost 600 hours on it. I have put about 50 hours on it.

If she could continue on across the dam and across that peninsula, (and she can now, even in the dump truck)... the next gully was damed this summer. The last photo shows the spillway of tank 1 that was cut into the next gulley (tank 2).
Posted By: burgermeister Re: did it work - 01/19/07 04:17 AM
Great job, Virgil and especially the Mrs. I've gotta have one of those small diesels with loader and hoe.
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/19/07 01:59 PM
thanks for the flowers guys..
thanks to PB magazine and this forum for the info and guidance, thanks to my father who "pushed" me into building the first dam.
Thanks to my wife who kept up with me on her machine as I pushed the big dirt around on my machine.

I was gonna push all that stuff "down stream" and cover it up. I ended up pushing all that stuff "up stream", covering it up in small gulleys (10 feet wide, 10 feet deep and 50 feet long) that fed into this gulley. The tank has filled once this year. It took it about 3 weeks for the water to soak into the filled up gulleys. Had a lot of dirt setteling up stream. so far the tank has stayed at about 1/2 full all during the summer. I don't think I have a leak, just a lot of voids to fill as the dirt setteles into all the stuff I covered up.
I got a few catfish, blue gill, fatheads, and 3 hybred stripped bass for this 1/2 acre.

Maby I will have this ready by the time my grandson is old enough to help me harvest.

pray for rain
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: did it work - 01/19/07 04:25 PM
Looks great Virgil. What an amazing transformation! Now all you need to do is build a porch on your house overlooking that pond so after a day of fishin you can relax and contemplate.
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/19/07 06:07 PM
done...labor day weekend 2006, little brother and I. 24 feet by 8 feet porch, 12 feet by 60 foot awning.
That awning cut my electricity (A.C.) bill in half !
ITS STILL SPRINKLING for 2 days now!!!!
pray for rain
Posted By: Eastland Re: did it work - 01/19/07 09:01 PM
Virgil, those first three pictures remind me of "trash" piles that often accumulate over time. You did a fantastic job transforming your property, you should be proud ! Your project looks really nice, you are only scratching the surface of what's to come...having a pond has so many ups & downs, just be patient. Get a bag of fish food from the feed store...toss in a handful or two, and enjoy !

p.s. I think I'm going to get my wife a tractor \:D
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/20/07 04:36 PM
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/vmsummers/newd[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/vmsummers/newdam.jpg[/IMG]am4.jpg[/ IMG]

lets see if I got these before and after shots of the second dam / tank
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/20/07 04:38 PM
there is a "before" shot.
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/20/07 04:42 PM
try for one more "before and 2 mor [img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/vmsummers/newdam.jpg[/IMG]e "after"
Posted By: virgil Re: did it work - 01/20/07 04:45 PM
HUMMM...trying to get 2 more on here.

© Pond Boss Forum