Pond Boss
Posted By: Wood Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:16 PM
I took this video yesterday. http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/Woodjd/?action=view¤t=aquavu001.flv
Posted By: Sunil Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:27 PM
Man! I watched that with baited breath.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:27 PM
Wood - Cool!

I have the Aqua vu DVR also. I am waiting for my pond's water to clear enough so the camera can see more than a few feet.

I expect that to happen in the next few weeks.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:37 PM
That's fabulous. Is this at your pond?
Posted By: Wood Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:45 PM
Bruce,we were fishing at a local lake close to my house, it has pike, perch, whitefish and burbot as well. My pond has brookies and rainbows only.Dwight, we were fishing in about 25 feet, fairly cloudy water but you could still see fairly well.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:51 PM
That's really neat.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 05:52 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Wood:
...fairly cloudy water but you could still see fairly well.
I've seen vodka cloudier than that. :rolleyes: \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 06:04 PM
I was thinking tequila, but it may have been because of that worm-thingy jigging around.
Posted By: BuckeyeWilly Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 06:15 PM
Wood, that is awesome. You can sure learn a lot by watching a fishes reaction to different presentations and bait. We fished Lac Suel in Northwestern Ontario year before last. A major cold front the day before we arrived had the 'eyes off their bite. The only thing they would take for 3 days was a jig and leech fished vertically and you couldn't move it. Had to drop it down to bottom and then crank it up twice and leave it set still. We killed em!!
Posted By: Wood Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 06:34 PM
Theo, that worm thingy is a dead minnow, no live bait allowed here. Actually, it was baileys with coffee until the sun was over the yard arm, then coors lite. \:\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 07:21 PM
Wood, no brown liquor before 10AM now.

Bailey's might be an exception.

The being in Canada (with all the good beers) and still doing Coors light might be kind of brutal though.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 07:27 PM
Bruce Condello - What kind of rot-gut Vodka is that color, or did you mean after having a few? :p
Posted By: ewest Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 08:08 PM
\:\) \:D I hope to get to that point someday.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Aqua vu video - 12/30/06 08:50 PM
That is awesome to be able to record the video footage. I usually spend more time playing with my vexilar and aqua vu, than i do actually ice fishing. Now i am gonna have to get that recording model, and christmas isnt for a long time.

ice was "safe" for 2 days early in december, 45 degrees ever since. i actually went fishing of the dock 2 days ago, and caught a few perch and bluegill. 8 fish even came up to the surface and ate a few pellets. i estimate the water temp in the upper 30's low 40 degrees.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Aqua vu video - 12/31/06 01:01 AM
Way to go Wood! Now I may have to buy one of those! Of course it would be nice if we ever got any ice down here.

My main pond is so clear right now I can see all the way to the bottom. To film some of those big perch coming up to my bait would be realy cool!
Posted By: Eastland Re: Aqua vu video - 12/31/06 06:03 AM
That's the first time I've seen (home video) underwater like that...very cood Wood, I'm impressed !
Posted By: Wood Re: Aqua vu video - 12/31/06 05:05 PM
n8ly, if you already have the aqua vu, just go and buy the digital video recorder. It plugs into the aqua vu and you can record video or still images. It was about $130 Cdn. http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/Woodjd/?action=view¤t=Dec3006004.flv
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/Woodjd/?action=view¤t=Dec3006009.flv

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/Woodjd/?action=view¤t=Dec3006008.flv
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Aqua vu video - 01/01/07 12:53 AM
Dang it, Wood, now there's something else I need to get for the pond. \:D
Posted By: n8ly Re: Aqua vu video - 01/04/07 09:44 PM
thanks for the info and the footage, hopefully soon ill be able to post some footage myself.
© Pond Boss Forum