Pond Boss
Posted By: darrell stringer swim ladder in pond - 06/27/06 02:25 AM
Any adeas of a good way to buy or build a swim ladder on the end of a pier. Pier is built of 2x6 treated wood and is about 2 feet above water and the water under the pier is about 9 foot deep so i guess the ladder would have to be at least 12 feet long to so from pier to bottom.

Thanks,
Darrell Stringer
Posted By: ewest Re: swim ladder in pond - 06/27/06 02:52 AM
You can buy them (swimming pool ladders) or make them from the same material as the pier. Ours are made from 2 x 8. The ladder is 4ft. wide and goes from pier level to 3 ft. below the surface for ease of getting in and out.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: swim ladder in pond - 06/27/06 12:15 PM
During swimming season, we use the lower half of an aluminum extension ladder. I shove the feet down into the bottom and attach the top to the dock with rubber bungees. It has been nice and stable that way.
Posted By: Bing Re: swim ladder in pond - 06/27/06 03:09 PM
I bought a dock ladder from Menards. This is a Home Depot type of store and I think it is most parts of the country. It is aluminum, like a step ladder, but it permanently mounts to the dock and has hand rails on the dock. The ladder is only about 6 feet long and I don't know if they make longer. Since it is suspended from the dock i wouldn't think most applications would need for the ladder to go all the way to the bottom of the lake.

The ladder can swing up so that it is not in the lake, so in the winter and when no one is around I swing it up to keep algae buildup at a minumum. The ladder treads have a non slip texture so it is safe to use.

As I recall I paid about $90.00 for it.

Bing
© Pond Boss Forum