Pond Boss
Anybody know a retailer that I can order some material to line the inside of one of my compressor boxes for one of my aerations systems? I have one very small compressor on my smallest ond that puts out enough vibrations that it irritates one of my neighbors.

I think if I just line the box with some type of sound absorbtion material I should be fine. He's a good 200 feet away, but he doesn't use air conditioning in the summer and instead leaves his windows wide open. He's also a cop so I need to accomadate him if you know what I mean.

Any ideas? I see on the Internet there is a company in Alabama know as Kennedy that supplies distributors. I suppose I can contact them but thought I'd try here first.
Cecil, you can try Warren Franz with Aquatic Biologists Inc. 800-442-6648. He got us some material that we use for our cabinets in Wisconsin.It works great, has an adhesive back, and is very flexible and durable. I think he'll be at the Wisconsin goose symposium with me tomorrow, but should be back in office on Friday.
Robert Burke
Rob,

Thanks for the info. I will contact him later!
You can build a wooden "dog house" around it. Building supplies sell sound proofing material for houses which you can line the "dog house" with.
Cecil-
Check out this link.

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_sheetblok/sound_isolation_sheetblok.asp

This is a dense "sound deadining" type material. Should be what your looking for.
JN
Nick,

I already have a "doghouse" around it with a hinged lid, side ventalation etc. I haven't really checked building suppliers though.
Thanks.
Hey Cecil, you could get the sound deadening material that mobile audiophiles use to line the inside of speaker boxes or the floors/doors of cars. The other option is to try using suspended ceiling sheets, many advertise sound deadening qualities. To cut vibrations also try putting something really heavy on top of your 'dog-house' that way it isn't transfered to it as well.
cecil, what kind of loud compressor is this and if you had to buy another, one you choose a different type? i'm looking into these, and if one brand may be more quiet than the others, would like to know. thanks, oh, by the way, i think i saw somewhere on the internet about insulated "rock" looking items that you can place over your compressor to deaden the noise. mark
© Pond Boss Forum