Pond Boss
Posted By: highflyer Shipping an excavator - 02/15/16 03:05 PM
Does anyone have a good contact to transport a Cat 305D CR excavator from Chicago to East Texas?

I have more brood ponds in my future after I get it down here.
Posted By: fish n chips Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/15/16 03:38 PM
Look into U-ship.
People bid on shipping your item when they are already traveling the route.
I have shipped several bigger things thru this method at a pretty big savings.

--Jim
Posted By: dlowrance Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/15/16 03:43 PM
X2 on U-ship....I've had numerous big items brought from hither and yon over the years...I've tried multiple sources and every time save 1 I've ended up using U-ship. One time I caught a carrier with a deadhead back from a location I was wanting something and ended up with a sweet deal. Every other time it's been U-ship that's had the best price.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/15/16 08:43 PM
x3 on Uship! I have bought several F650s and other equipment and had it all shipped via Uship or with shippers that I have met thru Uship.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/15/16 10:16 PM
Brian,

Send me the dimensions and I'll get you a quote. Also do you need ramps to unload it?

I ship stuff all over the country and work with a few different brokers.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/16/16 02:48 AM
Thanks guys,

I am learning Uship quickly.

Chris, PM sent, thanks for the help.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/16/16 06:19 AM
Brian...you may want to consider a 14,000# trailer that would come in handy. You KNOW you'll wanna use it to play dig elsewhere once you have it. smile

I could be convinced to pull my hauling tanks off my trailer and deliver it to you.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Shipping an excavator - 02/16/16 12:51 PM
Rex,
I could borrow a 20 foot 14,000# trailer and get it myself, but I don't have the time. PM me if you are interested.
© Pond Boss Forum