Pond Boss
Posted By: FISHarvester Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 06:15 PM
I have a friend who has problems with kids on dirt bikes and 4-wheelers riding on his property. I just seen this video of a way to end these troubles so I sent it to him. I thought maybe there might be some here that could use this info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAaR9-8vxA
Posted By: RC51 Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 06:24 PM
Nice!! smile

I have 3 game cameras out on my land hidden. I may not catch them right away but I WILL have pictures and then cops will be called. So far I haven't had a whole lot of issues.
Posted By: fishhound1 Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 06:51 PM
Trespassing is a tough problem to get rid of sometimes. Hope he gets it handled without having to release that ram.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 06:59 PM
That was pretty awesome!

What relationship did the rider have to the ram?
Posted By: Jakeroo Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 07:44 PM
My family had a billy goat growing up. It acted just like that. Mean and dumb is truly a dangerous combination. Every encounter was a fight to the death for him. He hated everything except cats for some reason. I saw him go after a horse, who immediately stomped the tar out of him, after laying motionless for around 30 seconds he got up and took off after her again. My dad sold him for $5 dollars.
Posted By: ewest Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 08:02 PM
Nice action there ! Go Rams !
Posted By: JKB Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 09:45 PM
A guy at work is having some serious problems with trespassers.

Won't go into it, but that ram would be what's for dinner with the crowd he is dealing with.
Posted By: esshup Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/19/13 11:33 PM
FISHarvester:

Your friend has to make the decision now to prosecute them when they are caught. If he doesn't, then they have no reason to stay off of the property. He will get probably have less cooperation from law enforcement if he won't press charges too.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: JKB
A guy at work is having some serious problems with trespassers.

Won't go into it, but that ram would be what's for dinner with the crowd he is dealing with.

Did John Nelski ever tell you about the tough guys he encountered on his deer hunting property up your way? The short version is everyone was armed and a comment was made something like, "I'm not afraid of you old man.". Nelski replied with something like I'm a 'nam vet (which he is) and the VA says I still have serious PTSS and could easily go off the deep end. Right now I'm thinking shooting you might be fun.

Nelski said they all scattered and never came back. grin
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 03:45 AM
No one pine bough jousts the ram and lives to tell the tale!
Posted By: Bocomo Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 05:30 AM
We had a problem with meth heads stealing the A/C unit from our rental property on the farm to sell for scrap. Then we got these: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolian_Shepherd

They don't bite people, but we don't tell the tweakers that.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 05:42 AM
HVAC Shepherd - rare but beautiful hybrid!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 06:35 AM
Land Mines
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 07:35 AM
My grandfather had a billy goat as well when I was a teenager. Truly the stupidest (is that a word?) meanest thing ever created. Would eat holes in everything it could find. One day it got out the fence and was smashed by a driver on hw 290 outside Brenham.

I always felt bad for that man's car. Pretty 03' corvette
Posted By: john kelsey Re: Trespassing problems? - 11/20/13 11:03 AM
I think all old goats get mean.
Posted By: Lake of Clouds Re: Trespassing problems? - 01/03/14 09:17 PM
That video was great I hope it worked!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassing problems? - 01/03/14 11:40 PM
Originally Posted By: john kelsey
I think all old goats get mean.

Davidson comes to mind...
Posted By: RAH Re: Trespassing problems? - 01/04/14 12:16 PM
Love the video!
Posted By: Mobilus Re: Trespassing problems? - 01/04/14 03:45 PM
I heard through the grapevine that some "city kids" had moved out into our area, and the first thing that the parents did was to buy four wheelers for them. Must not have placed any limits on their use either.

One landowner had his fences cut and the kids were tearing up the place, scaring livestock. One of the four-wheelers ran out of gas, they kids rode out on the other quads and the landowner used their absence as a good time to send some lead toward the machine. The gas can wasn't any help when they returned.

Expensive lesson, but they never came back.

I own and enjoy quads, but one thing that makes me mad is when riders see your gravel road and decide to tear it up. Especially when you know the owners have land on which they can ride.
Posted By: RAH Re: Trespassing problems? - 01/04/14 03:49 PM
I no longer have trespassing problems. But some say that I am 1/4 bubble off level. I take that as a compliment since I would have thought more like a 1/2 bubble.
Posted By: JKB Re: Trespassing problems? - 01/04/14 04:06 PM
Fortunately, we don't have issues with trespassers anymore. It took a while to get rid of them tho.

The guy I mentioned earlier in this thread, has a long way to go. He bought the 40 acre chunk less than 2 years ago, and he'll probably just put it up for sale and move on.
© Pond Boss Forum