Pond Boss
Posted By: adirondack pond JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 12:53 AM
My youngest daughter who is the only football fan in the family says the Jets will beat the Steelers, any comments. grin
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 01:03 AM
That stings a little bit. PM me your daughter's number!
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 01:12 AM
I doesn't really matter the Packers will win it all anyway!! Remember we beat the Jets 9 to 0 two months ago. That's right the big goose egg!! smile smile smile

Go Pack Go!!!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
That stings a little bit. PM me your daughter's number!

Sunil she never listened to us, you would have more luck talking to a Mule. wink , but I do like to aggravate her when I can.
Posted By: esshup Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 02:01 AM
Last time I looked the Pack was a 7 point favorite. Will they beat the spread or not?

This year between those 2 teams, whoever had the home field advantage, won.........
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 03:53 AM
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
My youngest daughter who is the only football fan in the family says the Jets will beat the Steelers, any comments. grin

What does a girl know?? grin grin grin
Posted By: the stick Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 01:45 PM
I have ten on the Jets. Odds are about even. You know what they say about opinions. I will enjoy the game either way it goes. Chili and cocktails!
Posted By: rexcramer Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 09:56 PM
Man I hate those Fat Mouth Jets. I will take great pleasure in watching the Steelers methodically pound the crap out of the Jets
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 10:10 PM
I like your positive attitude on this one, Rex! Gonna be right there cheering alongside you in spirit in about an hour and a half!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/23/11 10:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond

What does a girl know?? grin grin grin

Oh oh! cry

If Todd's family sees this, he is going to feel a lot more pain than any running back feels during all the games of the entire season -- combined! cry
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 03:24 AM
The Steelers cut things way, way too close, way, way too much.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 03:26 AM
Fortunately, my observation turned out to be correct! And I'll usually have AJ on my side in a battle of the sexes, though that boy loves his momma an awful lot and tends to side with her from time to time!

All I have to say about the title to this thread is, in the vernacular of the day,

BOOYAH!

Here we go, Steelers, here we go, Pittsburgh's goin' to the Super Bowl!
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 04:47 PM
How about them PACKERS baby!!! Going to bring that trophy home where it all started YEAH!!!!!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 05:01 PM
I'm going to be in Argentina for the Super Bowl. I think I've lined out a bar that I can watch the game in though.
Posted By: Omaha Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 05:03 PM
How about Cutler? Think the guy will have a job in Chi-Town next year? blush
Posted By: the stick Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 05:46 PM
Of he does, he shouldn't. My only hope is the Vikings don't get him!
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 06:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Omaha

The guy has no HEART!! You got to have heart to play at this level. I never liked him and never will. Even if he was hurt you would think he would be on the sidelines cheering on his team. Hell put a headset on and help out the rookie that's trying to save your rear end!!! The guy is a dud!!! Period! I would put more faith in their 3rd string rookie than in Cutler!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 07:04 PM
I'm going to be in Argentina for the Super Bowl.

Not being a football fan I was still surprised to hear the supper bowl was gonna be in Argentina. shocked
Posted By: Omaha Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Originally Posted By: Omaha

The guy has no HEART!! You got to have heart to play at this level. I never liked him and never will. Even if he was hurt you would think he would be on the sidelines cheering on his team. Hell put a headset on and help out the rookie that's trying to save your rear end!!! The guy is a dud!!! Period! I would put more faith in their 3rd string rookie than in Cutler!

Got an MRI today. Better hope they find something. eek
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 09:15 PM
Good point, AP.
Posted By: Omaha Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/24/11 09:34 PM
Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 01:36 AM
I'm going to be in Argentina for the Super Bowl. I think I've lined out a bar that I can watch the game in though.

Of course you've got one - Steelers nation is worldwide, baby!
Posted By: esshup Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 01:50 AM
For the life of me I cannot remember ANY quarterback that the Bears had that was good. If his knee was that bad, why wasn't he limping on the sidelines? I think the Bears would do well if they had a halfway decent quarterback.

I'm rooting for the Packers.
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 02:07 AM
Todd, we're going to have to start polling and assembling our fan base here.

esshup, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you live closer to Pittsburgh than to Green Bay. Now, if you lived within 99 miles of Green Bay for a minimum of (3) years, then you may cite a valid Packers bent. Three years of electrical, phone, or natural gas bills will suffice. Otherwise, we welcome you to the Steelers Nation (dues will be addressed shortly).
Posted By: ewest Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 02:24 AM
If you ever had knee problems then you would understand what a torn up knee means. Been there twice. You can often walk off the field or even jog and then find out you get the knife. Don't know who pulled the plug but if it was the gatekeeper then he nor the coach had a say.

They did win a SB with a guy named Jim.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:27 AM
Some gray-beards think that packing and headcheese cheeseheads might be good.

Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:29 AM
I didn't realize Randy was from Wisconsin! grin
Posted By: ewest Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:45 AM
Bob Robinson of Kasco who posts here is and has a Packer lure (ugly).
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:49 AM
Yep got the Packer lure myself. I love the picture!!! Go Pack Go!!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 01:43 PM
esshup, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you live closer to Pittsburgh than to Green Bay. Now, if you lived within 99 miles of Green Bay for a minimum of (3) years, then you may cite a valid Packers bent. Three years of electrical, phone, or natural gas bills will suffice. Otherwise, we welcome you to the Steelers Nation (dues will be addressed shortly).

Whew! I just checked. GB is 115 miles closer. grin
Posted By: esshup Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 01:53 PM
Eric, McMahon was even more fragile than Cutler. They had a bunch of really great guys on the team then. Peyton, Dent, Suhey, Gault, Fencik, Singletary,Hampton and last but not least (in size) the Fridge, Perry. I think the defense had more to do with the team winning it all that year than the offense.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:05 PM
As Tom Landry said; "Offense scores points but defense wins games.".
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:14 PM
Yeah I agree with that one DD1. Packers defense has bailed out the offense a few times this year. And I hope they do it 1 more time!!!!
Posted By: ewest Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/25/11 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Eric, McMahon was even more fragile than Cutler. They had a bunch of really great guys on the team then. Peyton, Dent, Suhey, Gault, Fencik, Singletary,Hampton and last but not least (in size) the Fridge, Perry. I think the defense had more to do with the team winning it all that year than the offense.

Yes but they won the SB as a team - team sport right. I bet P Manning (and a lot of others) would give up a couple years of service to get another (or a) SB ring.
Posted By: esshup Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 02:45 AM
Agreed, and you are probably right on the 2nd point as well.
Posted By: Omaha Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 02:49 AM
I am shocked and confused why the Packers are favorites in this game. Experience, running game, defense, all favor the Steelers.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 03:02 AM
And 9 out of 10 fans surveyed choose the Steelers!
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 03:35 AM
Ahh because the Packers and Aaron Rodgers are much hotter right now then the Steelers. Come on guys we just went on the road and beat 3 very good teams quite easy! If our Off. is not doing it, our Def. is. We just scored 48 points on the number one seed in the NFC on turf. Our guys on turf are faaaaaast. Dallas has turf so good luck keeping up! No all kidding aside I think its going to be a good game, but like C. Woodson said."The Pack Is Comin!!! smile smile
Posted By: Omaha Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 03:38 AM
I love watching Woodson play. Incredible the resurrection of his career in GB.

How funny is the title of this thread now? laugh
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 04:05 AM
RC, I suspect it's going to be a very good game, but just remember, the Pack wasn't playing against the Pittsburgh defense in that last game, and their offense wasn't facing Big Ben and the gang! By all standards, this one ought to be a low scoring grudge match, though I'll be thrilled to watch the Black and Gold roll up the points and break the Pack's spirit!

And Omaha, yeah, the title to this thread is now very funny, indeed! Yeah, the Jets win alright. They win 2nd place in the AFC!
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 04:12 AM
RC51, have we witnessed your 'litmus' test for being a Packers fan yet?

We know catmandoo lived there before, so he 'might' qualify.

You say "we" quite a bit in your last post!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 04:15 AM
You say "we" quite a bit in your last post!

That sort of fan "ownership" may make him a tough convert, Sunil, but "we" wont' give up on him!
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 05:53 AM
Fan ownership you got it. Green Bay is owned by the people. The only NFL team to be owned by the people through stock holdings. Google it. So when I say we and I, in some small way it's kind of true as a lot of us fans own 200 share lots when they were selling them. We have 112 or so major share holders of our team. And a bunch of other people that just own a few shares here in there when they offered them up for sale. It started back in the 50's when the Packers almost were shutdown as a football team as they did not have the money to keep them going. So they offered up shares of the team for money to keep them a float. We are the only NFL team owned by the people!! That's what truley makes us Americas Team!!!!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 12:01 PM
The Pack is Americas team? Blasphemy!!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 01:58 PM
I understand that, RC, and it's most admirable. I'm just sayin', before we complete your conversion to Steelers Nation, you WILL have to sell those shares to someone else! grin And the cool thing about the Steelers is that our team's fans own it just as much as the Rooneys do, but we didn't have to fork out the cash! grin grin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 01:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1

LOL! I figured that line was gonna bring some of you Texas fellas off of the sidelines on this thread!
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 02:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1

You know it Dave! smile You have to at least admit it's is amazing that a NFL team in a town of only 90,000 in this day and age is going to the Super Bowl. Truly we are the David in a Goliath sport!!! And we all know what David did don't we!!!! smile
Posted By: ewest Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 03:13 PM
Giants had no chance against the undefeated Pats - right.

Saints will never go to the SB much less win against the Colts - right.

The old time Jets - should not have been on the field with the Colts but who won that SB.

Not a fan of Pack or Pitt but --- it all depends. shocked -- laugh
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Giants had no chance against the undefeated Pats - right.

Saints will never go to the SB much less win against the Colts - right.

The old time Jets - should not have been on the field with the Colts but who won that SB.

Not a fan of Pack or Pitt but --- it all depends. shocked -- laugh

Now that's a good, non-committal, diplomatic post! That's neutral right there, I don't care who ya are! laugh
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 07:30 PM
Yeah Todd I agree. Eric knows how to keep the peace doesn't he!!! smile smile LOL!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 08:25 PM
Just like a professional trained in the art of dispute resolution!
Posted By: ewest Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 08:47 PM
Or one that knows what dispute to avoid !! wink
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 09:03 PM
Which makes you one smart dude!
Posted By: Sunil Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 11:43 PM
He's a Steelers fan...I can feel it.
Posted By: RC51 Re: JETS WIN!!!! - 01/26/11 11:52 PM
Oh snap here we go again!!! smile Go Pack Go!!!
© Pond Boss Forum