Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Project - 11/12/08 03:27 AM

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Project - 11/12/08 03:36 AM
MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/12/08 03:46 AM
Position 27
Posted By: cliffbrook Re: Project - 11/12/08 05:29 AM
how many positions are there?

MORE,MORE,MORE,MORE
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Project - 11/12/08 02:05 PM
Computerized flatulence condensor designed to extract aldehydes and ketones from human methane-based emissions for the manufacture of stink bombs?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/12/08 02:30 PM
There are 29 positions total but only this one is activated at this time.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/12/08 02:36 PM
Theo,

No on the:
 Quote:
Computerized flatulence condensor designed to extract aldehydes and ketones from human methane-based emissions for the manufacture of stink bombs?

In that case there would be no need for an evacuation stack but rather a blow-off valve.
Posted By: bobad Re: Project - 11/12/08 03:18 PM
Is that a Peltier heated and cooled lunch box? Or maybe a gamma irradiator for keeping food fresh forever?
Posted By: Rainman Re: Project - 11/12/08 04:19 PM
Semi-Self-Contained-Aerated fish transporter, complete with HVAC, disco light, and sattelite radio.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Project - 11/12/08 04:27 PM
Wow, Dwight. Anything you do, you do right!! \:\)
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/12/08 04:39 PM
Obvisouly it is to keep Coronas at exacty 22 degrees, or it is a
martini glass chiller. Good thinking bro!
Posted By: TOM G Re: Project - 11/12/08 06:43 PM
Does it automaticlly rotate and open the bottles or do you pour it in before starting?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/12/08 10:05 PM
Regrettably, it has nothing to do with beer, booze or food. Three of my favorite things..
Posted By: TOM G Re: Project - 11/12/08 10:40 PM
WELL,it better have something to do with fishing or it aint gonna do any of us any good
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/12/08 11:12 PM
That does make it a puzzler, doesn't it?
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Project - 11/12/08 11:15 PM
But it does have something to do with liquid?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Project - 11/13/08 12:42 AM
Oh Lord, please don't let Theo and Dr Dave collaborate on this one
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/13/08 01:36 AM
I am starting at the top with the "Thermal Articulator Link". Is that an electrical connecttion or a hose, or possibly a section of heat shrink tubing stuck in the top to confuse us? Are we sure about the name? Perhaps it is a "Thermal Actuator Link" instead.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Project - 11/13/08 02:37 AM
Has he always been like this, Gordy?
Posted By: davatsa Re: Project - 11/13/08 03:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
Regrettably, it has nothing to do with beer, booze or food. Three of my favorite things..

Notice that beer AND booze are two out of his three favorite things.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Project - 11/13/08 02:13 PM
Wrong collaboration this time, I believe, Brettski!! \:\) Dwight sure can be tight-lipped, can't he?
Posted By: TOM G Re: Project - 11/13/08 02:19 PM
Maybe a portable livewell for the barge?
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Project - 11/13/08 02:23 PM
Worm composter?
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/13/08 02:38 PM
Theo,

As a matter of fact he has. If he built it there is a use for
it. He doesn't build conundrums.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/13/08 04:27 PM
 Quote:
Tom G - WELL,it better have something to do with fishing or it aint gonna do any of us any good

Its about the water that the fish live in.

Quote:
Dave Willis - But it does have something to do with liquid?

Yes, H20.

Quote:
Brettski - Oh Lord, please don't let Theo and Dr Dave collaborate on this one

I have no control over collaborators, though their input is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
The stick - I am starting at the top with the "Thermal Articulator Link". Is that an electrical connecttion or a hose, or possibly a section of heat shrink tubing stuck in the top to confuse us? Are we sure about the name? Perhaps it is a "Thermal Actuator Link" instead.

Based on my design criteria the terminology correlates directly to the functional aspects of each of the individual components.
No attempt at tom-foolery here! \:\)

Quote:
Davatsa - Notice that beer AND booze are two out of his three favorite things.

I am like the family dog in that I have a lot of favorite things! Those listed are just 3 of them \:D

Quote:
Tom G - Maybe a portable livewell for the barge?

No live bait allowed in Bremer Pond!

Quote:
Ryan Freeze - Worm composter?

That is the Soldier Fly guy's department. \:\)

I will be posting some additional photos shortly.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Project - 11/13/08 05:11 PM
The suspense is driving me crazy!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/13/08 05:17 PM
Here are a couple photos that show the detail inside the insulated containment Module. The conductor socket that is mounted in the center bottom of the containment module has 24 transmigration ports. As you can see from the remaining water in the bottom of the containment module I have been conducting tests.

Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/13/08 05:39 PM
A caryfish respirator, to carry captured crayfish from your traps in the river to the pond?

Thanks for leaving that towel in the background, at least I know it's about a 10 quart cooler not a 55 quart one.

Cecil, it may be about that 10lb bass wager.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Project - 11/13/08 07:06 PM
Not a livewell for bait - a temperature controlled livewell for fish caught through the ice?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/13/08 07:15 PM
The containment module (OK cooler) is only a 4 quart.

Quote:
Cecil, it may be about that 10lb bass wager.
Now were gettin' somewhere! ;\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Project - 11/13/08 07:27 PM
Oh my, he's going to lock a bass in that thing all Winter, keep it heated to maintain a high metabolish rate, and force-feed it tungsten-laced food through a tube!
Posted By: ceadmin Re: Project - 11/13/08 07:32 PM
Isn't illegal to make ICM's. \:\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/13/08 08:38 PM
ICMs are legal, but you do need a permit for a containment socket with more than 8 transmigration ports. I have the Level 3 CS permit (the highest level allowed for non-military purposes) so I am running the full tilt 24 T-port max.
Posted By: ewest Re: Project - 11/13/08 09:10 PM
He is creating a thermal refuge for the LMB.
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/13/08 11:01 PM
It would help if we knew that black tube sticking out the top is 110v cord, 12v wiring, an actual piece of tubing, or nothing we should concern ourselves with.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/13/08 11:15 PM
It is a shielded coaxial cable.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Project - 11/13/08 11:39 PM
A thermal refuge for LMB, with internet service!
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Project - 11/14/08 12:44 AM
It's a flux capacitor.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Project - 11/14/08 01:45 AM
A heated shelter for tilapia, that is lowered to known bass hangouts (Corona Island) and opened and viola snack time.
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/14/08 03:40 AM
A coaxial cable? This puts a whole new angle to it. Must be a
scientific deal.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Project - 11/14/08 04:25 AM
A heated stage for the Aqua View!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/14/08 08:12 PM
Here the probe is positioned inside the conduction socket.

Posted By: Brettski Re: Project - 11/14/08 08:27 PM
portable depth sounder
Posted By: Fish Wife Re: Project - 11/14/08 11:56 PM
Electronic litterbox for Furhead Wheelchock (light comes on when kitty goes toity).
Posted By: Sunil Re: Project - 11/15/08 12:36 AM
At the end of the day, this contraption is merely a cry for help.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Project - 11/15/08 12:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: Fish Wife
Electronic litterbox for Furhead Wheelchock (light comes on when kitty goes toity).

LMAO! \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: Project - 11/15/08 12:58 AM
Where is Furhead. Oh no tell me she is not pike bait.
Posted By: LUSKFAN Re: Project - 11/15/08 01:01 AM
IT'S FISH-O-MATIC!!!

It BOILS!
It POACHES!!
It FRIES!!!

IT'S FISH-O-MATIC

Order now and we'll send you a years subscription of Pond Boss Magazine absolutely FREE!
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Project - 11/15/08 08:28 PM
SONAR
Posted By: the stick Re: Project - 11/16/08 02:18 AM
Went out to see Dwight and his "Project" last night. He told me what it is, but I am sworn to not divulge any information. I will have to admit that it is not sonar related, so don't let that coaxial cable throw you off.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Project - 11/16/08 01:22 PM
Looks like a Corona conversion machine. After it has been processed by the kidneys, this thang holds it for further processing for the garden.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Project - 11/16/08 01:38 PM
the stick, we have ways of exerting pressure on you also, so don't think you are immune if you try and withold valid info.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Project - 11/16/08 05:17 PM
Oh Oh OH,the coax,the giveaway.Its underwater TV so the bass can sit in front of the tube and get fat eating junkfood
Posted By: cheezy1963 Re: Project - 11/16/08 11:11 PM
What freq you sending down the coax? Will that really keep the water from freezing?
Posted By: jeffreythree Re: Project - 11/16/08 11:19 PM
Oxygen sensor? So you can see if that 9.5lbs bass will live to see 10?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/17/08 03:37 PM
 Quote:
jeffreythree - Oxygen sensor? So you can see if that 9.5lbs bass will live to see 10?

You have most of the answer, so I am going to let the rest of Furhead Wheelchock out of the bag, er ICM. \:\)

YSI's EcoSense DO200(Dissolved oxygen/temperature meter) requires calibration close to the temperature of the sample for maximum accuracy.

The probe goes into the evacuation stack. The stack is filled with ice and capped. After about an hour the probe stabilizes at 35 F degrees.

You may be wondering why such a low calibration temperature? We will be monitoring the D.O. and temperature under the ice of Bremer Pond during the ice cover period of winter. The water temperature should be in the 32 to 42 degree range for most of the winter (we think).

You may also ask, “why not just put the probe in a bowl of ice to calibrate it?” There are a some “real” reasons, with the over riding factor being; how much fun would that be? \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/18/08 02:16 PM
Today is the first day with ice on the pond. It probably will be gone by this afternoon with high winds and temps in the 40s. The battle is slowly being lost, however.....
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Project - 11/18/08 10:11 PM
So you're saying no cable TV for the bass? How are they supposed to watch "I love Lucy" reruns?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/18/08 10:33 PM
Jeff, I don't want them expending energy watching TV! \:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Project - 11/19/08 01:47 AM
Dwight you might want to check this thread and update the info the with yours.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=32249&fpart=1
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/19/08 02:25 AM
ewest, Doctor W. and I are working on this together, so the update may even appear in print at some point.
Posted By: ewest Re: Project - 11/19/08 03:18 AM
You mean he did not offer one of those fancy full time self reading and reporting DO/temp wi-fi units ? \:o
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/19/08 03:21 AM
ewest, I am in training..... \:D
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Project - 11/19/08 02:17 PM
Sorry, Ewest -- technology often is cash limited. Dwight is a surrogate for the grad students. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Not sure that Dwight knew that tidbit. \:\) If I had to do the measurements myself, then we'd really be looking for the fully automated, satellite-uplink, gee-whiz type of technology. \:\)

Seriously, our purpose here will be interesting -- wondering whether the winter temperature and oxygen dynamics will be different than "expected" (e.g., different from a hill pond) because the sand/gravel pit has the ground water movement through it. Hopefully, we can get a Pond Boss story out of Dwight's labor.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/20/08 02:19 AM
This is my non-automated data acquisition sheet. I still have to buy a pencil. \:\/

Posted By: TOM G Re: Project - 11/20/08 10:50 AM
Im bored with I Love Lucy anyway.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Project - 11/20/08 11:53 AM
Ya know, I bet you really don't own a graphite writing stick.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/20/08 02:23 PM
Dave, I have the flat carpenter type, but no round ones. I am Sanford Uni-ball Micro 24/7 for writing and Sharpie for signing autographs. \:D
Posted By: Sunil Re: Project - 11/20/08 02:53 PM
Come on, Dwight! You're a mountain man. Use blood, not lead.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Project - 11/20/08 04:09 PM
Dave, I have...Sharpie for signing autographs. \:D

...and it's still like new; must be a real soft touch
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/20/08 10:21 PM
Brettski, I have 8 different colors of Sharpies. Please request the color that you want when sending articles to me for to autograph.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/22/08 08:02 PM
I bored a hole in the ice yesterday afternoon. The ice is 2 inches thick. If it stays in the 20s at night I may be able to start monitoring next Saturday.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/26/08 11:38 PM
Dave,
 Quote:
Dave Davidson1 - Ya know, I bet you really don't own a graphite writing stick.

Thanks to your harangue, I went out and bought myself a 10-pack on #2 Charles Leonard pencils (99 cents). Then I drug out the old pencil sharpener from the "valuable stuff that your can't throw away storage bin(OK, then, the basement)" and put a nice point on all 10 of them.

The feel of a quality #2 pencil on paper had been lost to me for many years. It is a far more pleasant writing instrument than any mechanical pen. I am now using #2s for everything except signatures on legal documents.

I still use the Sharpies for autographs though. People want their autographs to last! \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Project - 11/27/08 02:18 AM
#2's suffice for all my pencil needs, except for carpenter pencils sometimes used for their intended purpose (they last much longer in pants pockets without breaking). I cannot use mechanical pencils, as I press too hard for them. I have never had a mechanical pencil last longer than 3 days before breaking into many small pieces.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Project - 11/27/08 12:21 PM
Yep, I have a lot of mechanical pencils. I press down too hard, then back off and then go get a #2 and pull out my Big Chief tablet.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Project - 11/27/08 01:52 PM
The trick to a good mechanical pencil is the lead that you use. You must match your writing pressure to the correct lead hardness. That and don't throw the pencil just because it gives you an undesirable answer. That last part also applies to computer parts.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Project - 11/07/09 05:08 PM
This is a good example of a perfectly good thread that was killed by JHAP. There are many others also killed by him. Why is this?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Project - 11/07/09 06:22 PM
This is a good example of a perfectly good thread that was killed by JHAP. There are many others also killed by him. Why is this?

As usual, JHAP speaks about that which he knows nothing.
May not even have lead in his pencil.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Project - 11/08/09 03:53 PM
Ouch.
© Pond Boss Forum