Pond Boss
Posted By: GW Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/25/08 04:36 PM

The strangest thing is that it was found under 8 feet of topsoil.
keep diggin, you might find the former pondmeister......mr. bill......
Posted By: ewest Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/25/08 05:42 PM
Is that a Uforma Reproductus ?
CSF=Clay Sunfish
Posted By: GW Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/25/08 05:53 PM
I wonder if those are spawning colors...

It was hanging around this structure:

That was the first fish I ever mounted. Are you making fun of me boy?!
It was planted there by the GSA, better check with JHAP and quick.
Posted By: GW Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/26/08 01:25 AM
Cecil, let me know if you need any blanks. \:\)

Luckily the pond builder was on the other side of the site while I was, um, collecting the specimen.

I tried the Condello technique but the fish wouldn't hold still enough.
isnt that a rock bass?
Posted By: GW Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/26/08 01:59 AM
Go to your room FattyMcButterpants.
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
isnt that a rock bass?

The Master has spoken.
 Originally Posted By: GW
Go to your room FattyMcButterpants.

I amnot allowed in the house....
Posted By: GW Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/26/08 03:00 AM
Well, of course you aren't. \:\/
Posted By: bobad Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/26/08 01:36 PM
Looks like he's well preserved GW. Maybe he was buried close to a barrel of grog.
How far did you excavate the periphery of this archeological find, GW? Chances are the rest of this historical dig lies closeby.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Posted By: GW Re: Strange fish found during pond excavation! - 07/26/08 03:33 PM
Careful excavation is under way...

As skilled as he is, I'm betting there is no way that Bruce can fillet that CSF (you killed me with that one Sullpond) in under 50 seconds unless he has a concrete saw.

Oh and by the way, the GSA had nothing to do with the relocation of that CSF to GW's pond as far as you know.
© Pond Boss Forum