Pond Boss
Posted By: liquidsquid Oh no! Wedding ring... - 07/08/16 01:51 AM
It fell off in the pond someplace. Any ideas how to find it? Underwater metal detector perhaps?

Probably gone forever along with a few pairs of goggles.
Posted By: Hollywood Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 07/08/16 01:57 AM
Ouch!
Your pond is so clear, you might get lucky snorkling and looking. Offer a reward to the kids perhaps?
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 07/08/16 02:20 AM
check out this page.

Lots of good stories of this club helping folks. He could probably connect you with someone in your area with a good metal detector. Of course, that would only cover shallow water loss.

Do you have any idea for sure it came off in the water? how many days ago, and whether it was shallow or deep? For sure mark any spots that may be more likely targets than other spots.

Ring Finders
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 07/08/16 02:51 AM
All good questions! None of which I have a good answer for. The worst part is the mark on my ring finger is barely noticeable. It may have been gone a while.

I spoke with my dad who is in a metal detecting club. He thinks the club may own an underwater detector.

I am wondering if it is caught up in the heaps of chara I was messing with, and possibly worked into the vegetable garden now. Needless to say the hunt is on!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 07/08/16 11:19 AM
I would not want to be in your shoes.
Posted By: 2Old2Soon Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 07/08/16 01:19 PM
"It may have been gone a while"

Be careful who hears you say that.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 10/02/16 02:56 AM
About 9 years ago, shortly after getting married, I lost my wedding ring. It was platinum and from Tiffany's. The $2,000 replacement cost wasn't even the worst part of the experience. Despite a search of the house and yard (think I lost it mowing the yard), we never found it. On the bright side, I ordered a $60 tungsten carbide one off the Internet for every day wear and it show stratches less and is more comfortable.
Posted By: CMM Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 10/02/16 12:52 PM
We got matching tattoo rings. Pretty comfy after the initial fitting.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 10/03/16 01:15 PM
That initial fitting likely not much fun, but risk of loss pretty dern low huh?
Posted By: CMM Re: Oh no! Wedding ring... - 10/03/16 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Rangersedge
That initial fitting likely not much fun, but risk of loss pretty dern low huh?

You know it.
© Pond Boss Forum