Pond Boss
Posted By: jdvinson Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/13/14 01:15 PM
I have several of the square Moultrie pro feedcaster feeders on two ponds I have just started managing. All have the same issues. When everything is connected the feeder door will open and close but nothing else happens. When I test all the wires from the motor straight to the battery everything works fine.

Any ideas??

Oh and FYI if it sounds like I don't know alot about them, I'm a girl and just learning and figuring all this out smile
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/13/14 04:11 PM
Welcome to Pond Boss.

Hopefully someone with Moultrie experience will chime in, but two initial thoughts:
1} Timer unit is failing, and not sending power to the motor that throws the food.
2]Motors themselves are burned out-getting power but not rotating.

When you say "everything works fine" when you test wires from the motor to the battery, do you mean that the motors are working? If so, probably have bad control units, and should be readily replaced.

Good luck, and again welcome......
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/13/14 04:54 PM
Welcome aboard.

Is this the feeder you're talking about? If so, they're notorious leakers, and that caused me several electrical problems before it finally died and became a planter. A lot of the internals are pot metal, so be very careful if you attempt repairs. Brackets, guides, etc. will break easily.

I hope you have better luck with them than I did.

Posted By: jdvinson Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/13/14 05:13 PM
Just finished taking it apart further. I am using a new timer unit. Now the door opens, and feeder slot slides back, but not spinning.

I like the planter idea, but at this point and thinking they will be better for target practice!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/13/14 10:45 PM
Being a girl has nothing to do with it at all. I know a number of girls that are smarter than some guys that I know.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/14/14 12:17 AM
Every girl I've ever known has been able to outthink me.
Posted By: ewest Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/14/14 09:41 PM
A wise thing to take note of and keep in mind, Dudley !!!!
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Moultrie feedcaster HELP - 04/15/14 12:08 AM
Hee hee. Almost all females beyond ten years of age know that to be true, Eric, while most guys, regardless of age, haven't figured it out yet. And that supports my previous post.
© Pond Boss Forum