[/quote]

GH is for Green Heron, GBH, is for Great Blue Heron. I made the same mistake with Theo. The bird acronyms are below the fish ones. CC is channel catfish. I missed that one too once. FH = fathead minnow.

Your fish names are making my head hurt! I didn't get much sleep last night because I had to do an emergency search to purchase a kayak for a turle trapping and tagging expedition down the Sabine River that I was invited on last night. No free boat space and too many fallen trees to get my john boat through. Tomorrow I am going to pick up some 1lb lmb and 6"+ CNBG. I think my wife is going to make me catch and eat grasshoopers to save money and redeem my spending on outdoor type activities. 1lb+ cost about what Alaskan crab legs cost. On well I have heard they have been eating grasshoppers in Arabia for thousands of years.

How is Meanandlean doing? Has he forgiven you yet? [/quote]

It's going to take me 100 years to remember all the acronyms... Surely there is a list somewhere I can refer to. You are going to trap and tag turtles? What kind of turtles? What for? I'd hate to try to pull a big ole snapping turtle up into a kayak \:D I didn't know 1lb LMB cost so terribly much..

I have to figure out what I need to take out of my pond for the winter so everyone will have enough to eat. I am noticing that the baby bluegill population that was so heavy is now diminishing. There are still a lot but not a lot of the tiny ones anymore that were down in the end I called the nursery. Maybe I need to take out fish but WHO comes out? GULP \:o

I dunno about eating an ole yucky grasshopper even if you plant them on a stick and double dip them in chocolate and put candy sprinkles on top. My fish seem to like them awfully well except for the brown ones which they will spit out for some reason. Maybe if you HAVE to eat them just try to stick to the green ones. Ole Same Bass who lives on the other side of the pond from Meanandlean likes those. I lived down in South America for awhile and saw some unappetizing things eaten. I ordered some soup in a restaurant once and one of the words on the menu was unfamilar. Found out later I had eaten Guinea pig - oops...

I did a real stupid thing yesterday and I thought it would set me back for awhile with ole Meanandlean but I got lucky and it didn't. We are working on our gray water line and have a bunch of big 9-10 inch worms and I took a few to the pond. I thought I'd give the old bonehead a treat... Duh After working so hard to get him to take food I went and gave him a few worms.. Of course that was it for him for the day...

I'm not posting today to my little pond journal because not much happened down there today but Meanandlean did eat and he ate well and he ate chunks loaded with fish chow. I'd like to get some of those big bass food chunks (I forgot what the name of them are?) that are new to try. I think they're about the same size as the hotdog chunks and I think it'll be an easier transition for me to make to get them to take. I'll probably have to soak them to make them soft but I think I can pull it off.

Enjoy your trip down the river and take lots of photos and share them!

You'll find me at the pond.
http://downatthebasspond.blogspot.com/