Originally Posted By: Bill Webb
Maybe you do need an excuvator. Stand on it, that is thick! But if you are a cheap or broke as I am and have a tractor, do you think that you could hack a piece where a pipe with some kind of wire or a hog panel was attached and with other pipe on the top drag some of it out at a time until it breaks up. You would still need a john boat or something.

I don't have a tractor, but do have a 4x4 truck and ATVs. Can film it for a commercial. LOL.

Actually it might work. Have a fabrication company so can have something built that I can drive into it to rip off chunks. In big bodies of water, I have seen people just throw an anchor onto the top of them, and pull them around with a boat (very slowly!). I don't have that kind of room, but if I can slice it somehow... Gonna have to give it some thought. Further design ideas welcome....

Actually just using a square spade to cut it in pieces may work, then just drag them out. Gonna be a very MESSY job. But, could be gradifing too. Water is down right now, would be the time to do with just waders.